What's new

crox vs feox

So after deciding on putting my honing research on hold ive figured out that i can put a paste on the back side of my cotton strop and the back of my leather but im not quite sure how to paste it properly how it sticks also ive heard that feox can actually make your edge more brittle should i even use it or is something significantly better out there for minor touch ups thanks guys

Consider Dovo White paste. Just search this forum for it. The folks who have been doing this for years swear by it and swear at CrOx.

FeOx will make the edge brittle...

Yesterday i read that someone had a very fine Thuringian that would melt a razors edge.

I tell ya - you just can't make this stuff up.......

It's good to try new things; I'm sure Dovo white is good stuff. Haven't landed on a tube of it yet myself though. TI white is very good, I've used it often - very impressive substance.

Last edited:
FeOx will make the edge brittle...

Yesterday i read that someone had a very fine Thuringian would melt a razors edge.

I tell ya - you just can't make this stuff up.......

It's good to try new things; I'm sure Dovo white is good stuff. Haven't landed on a tube of it yet myself though. TI white is very good, I've used it often - very impressive substance.
••••••
What did you apply the TI paste to, leather, wood, fabric?

I've used leather, and it works fine, but I don't like the 'feel' of applying it or using it all that much.
Heavy cotton webbing is better in both regards for me.

As an alternative, I like the T-I alox-diamond paste on suede. For the Dovo red & black pastes, it's vegetable-tanned leather sanded to ~180x to give it some nap

The White dovo paste in a tube is nothing other than a conditioner for cotton or linen, ti rasoir pate on the other hand is abrasive and ideal for maintaining your edge when needed. Really is best on cotton or webbing etc as Keith recommends.

Top Bottom