What's new

Lime Aftershaves

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn and Captain's Choice Lime. Might as well get both for AD's sake.

I'm relatively new to the scene, so the only Lime aftershave I've tried is Lime Sec by Pinaud. I'm a huge fan, but I think it could benefit from a bit of menthol. I've been considering dissolving some menthol crystals in another bottle of Lime-Sec and giving that a shot. If I get the ratio right, I think I might have a new favorite aftershave.

Lime Sec and Citrus Musk are both good lasting. Scent changes after application a bit on each. So cheap, you could afford to reapply several times a day if that's what you wanted. Both also can be put on after another AS you like to add citrus to it.

Thumbs down on Boosters lime. It smells good in the bottle, and I like Polar Ice, but the lime smell goes away quite quickly.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
All the Stirling lime scents seem to last a good while. Margaritas in the Arctic is more of a spicy, zesty lime, while the Black Pepper Lime is more of a sweet lime. I agree that MITA is some pretty good stuff, and that menthol kick is going to be fantastic in the Summer. Once I finish my sample of that stuff, I just might have to order a bottle.

Stirling Port-au-Prince has a strong lemongrass note to it that could easily be mistaken for lime and which I love. The first time I splashed some on, I was so inspired that I made daiquiris! Soon after, I ordered a bottle.

I've not tried the Bay Lime, so I cannot comment on it.

You might want to order up a sample pack of Stirling, MITA, Black Pepper Lime, Port-au-Prince, and Bay Lime and see what turns you on. The samples are fairly generous. Depending on how much you like to splash on, you can get a few or several uses (and, then, you also have a great travel bottle).

Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn Bay Rum is my favorite. Bright and fresh, but somehow richer and more complex than most lime aftershaves.
And of course, I'm late to the party again - this was going to be my recommendation if you don't mind some bay in your AS - this is by far one of my favorite scents, I get a few hours at least out of it (and on occasion, I get a brief hit in the late afternoon, too) and it has the added bonus of making my skin feel great. Can't say enough good about the Ogallala, especially the Lime and Peppercorn. Thumbs up!

i started using St. Johns Lime (bottle lasts me a *long* time), but now i make my own (lime oil, 90/10 mix of 190 proof, witch hazel, and some glycerin)

willie
on the easy-shaving Gulf of Mexico

I'm excited to say as I was researching my a potential purchase of Royall Lyme after shave I found out that three good things. 1) The Brooks Brothers store near me has it for sale. 2) I'd be able to try it out in store. 3) It's on sale. I'll likely stop there after work tomorrow.

I'm excited to say as I was researching my a potential purchase of Royall Lyme after shave I found out that three good things. 1) The Brooks Brothers store near me has it for sale. 2) I'd be able to try it out in store. 3) It's on sale. I'll likely stop there after work tomorrow.

I love the stuff. I have been buying the big bottle off of fragrance net, but there is nothing like trying it "live" and getting instant gratification when it clicks with you

Maybe a dumb question, but do these products have real lime in them? I've always wondered about the photosensitizing effects of lime in shave products for sunny summer days. I'd hate my aftershave to make me even more prone to sunburn.

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn and Captain's Choice Lime. Might as well get both for AD's sake.

I have both and both are great. The Ogallala lasts a bit longer than the CC and the CC fades to more of a Bay Rum scent after a brief period.

35 posts in this thread and nobody mentioned my favorite:

$One blade -26.jpg

We do have a long time to enjoying warm weather here in Stockholm but I'm all set for it!

I picked up a bottle of Skin Bracer Green Tonic a while back. Nice lime and menthol combination, though after the lime dries down you're left with basenotes that remind me of nothing so much as vinyl car seats and cigar smoke. It's a bit of an old-man fragrance, though sometimes I kind of like that.

Top Bottom