What's new

Lime Aftershaves

Happy Friday B&B!

Now that summer is upon us, I am searching for a good, strong lime A/S to wear in the hot Texas heat. Generally speaking, lime aftershave has always been associated with a pretty fleeting scent, so I am curious if anyone knows of one that has good longevity? Captains Choice interests me, but I've read it only lasts about an hour tops. Thanks for any tips!

Almost all I've tried are fleeting. The CC works well, but lasts about an hour and there's a background note of bay rum. Probably the longest lasting I've tried is the TOBS Victorian Lime. I really like the Castle Forbes balm and catch some hints of it for a couple of hours but wouldn't say it really lasts.

If it doesn't have to be pure lime Stirling MITA splash lasts a good while. It's limey (actually it smells just like a margarita) and it lasts. It also has menthol so it'll be nice during summer.

Vintage Old Spice Lime.

I got a bottle last year on the 'bay and while it doesn't last forever, find that about 3-4 hours I still get whiffs of it.

Not my favorite A/S, but decent for longevity.

Dimeblade, good thought for lime aftershave! But don't try to over solve this and expect long lasting scent, especially from an aftershave.
just grab any nice lime aftershave and enjoy it for a short while. Reapply as you wish!

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Lime Sec is my favorite. Although Avon Island Lime lasts equally as long and can be purchased much cheaper but it can be a little hard to find.

Pinaud Lime Sec is pretty great. Citrus Musk is nice too. Both can be had real cheap from the Walgreens website, along with most of the rest of the Clubman line.

I love Lime the most of any scent. I have the Pinaud Lime Sec and really like it. An item of note is that it is listed as a cologne, as opposed to an aftershave. That said I really love it.

Give Captain's Choice a try and there will be a matching soap released within months.

A couple members mentioned Royall Lyme and I remember loving that in my youth but I hven't splurged on that for many years. I have both the Pinauds, Lime Sec and Citrus Musk but I don't know if CM qualifies; neither of those last very long. St. John's makes one but I have their Bay Rum and that is fleeting at best.

Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn Bay Rum is my favorite. Bright and fresh, but somehow richer and more complex than most lime aftershaves.

Top Bottom