What's new

MWF the space around the puck in Ceramic dish

I got MWF recently in it's iconic ceramic dish.
Love the soap, love the dish.
However, the puck is smaller than the dish interior and leaves a significant gap.
Tabac fits it's dish with much less of a gap and fills in quickly from just lathering it up.
So with MWF do you just be patient until the gap fills on it's own, or grate the puck, or what?????

Thanks,
Curt

With use the puck will swell and form to the dish...at least mine did...

This. When I leave my MWF w/o use for awhile it dries and shrinks. i just put a little warm water on and around the puck and it swells back to normal. Or just use it and leave it a little wet.

I actually like the space between the puck and the dish walls. The problem with the Tabac jar, especially when it is new, is that it immediately starts to overflow when lathering. With MWF, the extra space gives the lather and the brush a little extra space to breathe so it doesn't tend to spill lather as much as the Tabac jar.

That's funny - I guess I don't use mine often enough, because it never has swelled to fill the container. But that's fine, as said above, that just means that it doesn't overflow when loading the brush.

This is a problem? Being a cheapskate, I buy refill pucks whenever available and store them in generic containers, which are often bigger than the soap puck. As someone pointed out, this can actually be a good thing, providing extra room for loading the brush without soap going everywhere. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

--Bob

I asked the same question a couple months ago. One of the members told me to fill the dish with water and replace the lid. 24-48 hours later the puck swelled and filled the dish. I lather it at least once a week so it stays that way.

+1
I actually like the space between the puck and the dish walls. The problem with the Tabac jar, especially when it is new, is that it immediately starts to overflow when lathering. With MWF, the extra space gives the lather and the brush a little extra space to breathe so it doesn't tend to spill lather as much as the Tabac jar.

+1
This is a problem? Being a cheapskate, I buy refill pucks whenever available and store them in generic containers, which are often bigger than the soap puck. As someone pointed out, this can actually be a good thing, providing extra room for loading the brush without soap going everywhere. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

--Bob

I asked the same question a couple months ago. One of the members told me to fill the dish with water and replace the lid. 24-48 hours later the puck swelled and filled the dish. I lather it at least once a week so it stays that way.

Really! So that worked?
That's like a little magic trick.
I may have to try that.

Thanks,
Curt

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No need for a long soak, just use it every day for a while and it will swell. It's one of those soaps that really likes to be used often.

Top Bottom