What's new

Can anyone lather Williams? pictures?

I can't figure out how to lather Williams properly.

I tried soaking it in very hot water with the brush while showering, but the lather still looks foamy even if I load the brush.

Someone suggest me something? I can't get this lather to be as nice looking as Arko. But Williams does seem to have good slickness.

Anyone use it?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Williams vintage or Williams modern?

I got both. Which would you like me to try first?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Modern Willimas? Not me. Look at the formula, it's a hand soap. And not a particularly good smelling one. But you get what you pay for.

Vintage Williams? I have the South African rose-scented stick and it's a good soap.

Cheers, Steve

I've used Williams for 10-15 years and after I started wet shaving about 3 years ago I stopped with the Williams - I couldn't make good lather.

I started making my own shave soaps, and never had any issues lathering.

I occasionally chime in on Williams threads to bemoan how it won't lather...then I watched Vez's video and gave it a try with my el-cheapo VDH badger brush. SUCCESS!

I had previously been using a boar brush, which I think was part of the problem.

Give it a try. You still may not like Williams but you should be able to lather it.

-Dave

Under neath the foam in my pic, I'm using the EJ Synthetic. I find no issues with it, and I get equally great lather with it along with my Semogue and Omega boar's.

Can anyone lather Williams? pictures?

Well, I like you! You can come over to my house and use my sister's Lady Gillette!

Can anyone lather Williams? Holy Schick razor, what sort of a question is that? Are you some sort of shaving comedian? Wet shavers have been lathering Williams back when helmets had horns and your issue weapon went "TWANG!" Of course anyone can lather Williams, but then again, I'm thinking that YOU are not just ANYONE, are you, numbrush?

A picture? You want me to draw you an everlovin' picture? What the Veg is this, a Pictionary pretty paper party? No! This is Wet Shaving, you miserable creamworm, and we don't need pretty pictures to lather Williams! You need discipline! Motivation! Spirit and drive! With this and your Williams your lather will thrive! If you apply yourself, Williams will turn you in to two hundred pounds of sex appeal with pecs of steel!

Now, let's hit the road for some Williams Training! Double Time!

I don't know what I've been told
Williams lathers for the brave and bold!
I don't know just what they say
But Williams lather will last all day!

Williams! Good for you! Good for me!

Recover! Now, are there any questions? What's that? You want to see me lather Williams? Of course I can, numbrush, it's just that, err, there's a mandatory class on advanced basketweaving over at the club that starts in five mikes, so I'll show you later....

Well, I like you! You can come over to my house and use my sister's Lady Gillette!

Can anyone lather Williams? Holy Schick razor, what sort of a question is that? Are you some sort of shaving comedian? Wet shavers have been lathering Williams back when helmets had horns and your issue weapon went "TWANG!" Of course anyone can lather Williams, but then again, I'm thinking that YOU are not just ANYONE, are you, numbrush?

A picture? You want me to draw you an everlovin' picture? What the Veg is this, a Pictionary pretty paper party? No! This is Wet Shaving, you miserable creamworm, and we don't need pretty pictures to lather Williams! You need discipline! Motivation! Spirit and drive! With this and your Williams your lather will thrive! If you apply yourself, Williams will turn you in to two hundred pounds of sex appeal with pecs of steel!

Recover! Now, are there any questions? What's that? You want to see me lather Williams? Of course I can, numbrush, it's just that, err, there's a mandatory class on advanced basketweaving over at the club that starts in five mikes, so I'll show you later....
:lol:

:thumbup:

I'm confused by how many people have such an issue with lathering Williams. Either I never had a problem with it, or I have been lathering all my soaps wrong all along. Either way, I'm pleased with the shave.

That said, soak the puck in as hot of water as you can get...and give it 30 mins or so to soak. OR grate it...or both.

I just made a Franken soap with Conks and Williams...and so far its great!

$welcome-back-kotter-horshack_thumb.jpg

Hilarious.

Post of the day!!!

Need to make this into a poster for the den!:lol:

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems lathering Williams, but I grated my puck (as I do with all my pucks) into an IKEA Grundtal container. I don't know why grating the pucks makes them easier to lather (physics isn't my best subject) but it sure does work!

Top Bottom