What's new

RazoRock Baby Smooth DE

Shave 3 and I was actually able to have a nice one with no rush or hollerin' sleepy wives lol!

I listened to your, "maybe not" Jason and kept the blade in there. I remembered that the Personna Lab hits its sweet spot on shave 3, anyway. So I had to give it another go at least. But I changed up my soap. I went with the Stallion in the new Taloe formula.

Fantastic! Not a single hint of dragging, not a single hint of irritation, and a super speedy, flyin' round my face shave! It really was. I took the first several strokes at a normal, comfortable pace looking for that drag I'd felt before. Didn't happen. Kept going, getting more confident. Still going great. Worked up to full speed and it as awesome! So I'm glad to report that I don't think its anything to do with the razor, but a factor of the soap or could still be the blade. Moral of the story: experiment with different variables before making a final judgment.

Splashed on a healthy dose of Stallion AS too. I'm on my way to a preschool field trip to the grocery store! Woot! It's me and a bunch of young moms. We're riding with one of them I know pretty well since I don't drive. I certainly don't mind that ;) I think I've "over dressed" though with the Stallion lol. Its a little strong, hopefully they don't think I'm trying t impress "the Laaadays" :biggrin1:

So based on this shave, I can say with confidence that this BS razor is anything but. I honestly think its just as effective as the Stealth. The stealth, like Bruce said, has a bit more mild feel and comfort (you notice the blade on the BS) but its pretty minimal. The sleeker head and maneuverability of the BS does beat the Stealth though. This is going to be a hard call which will be #1!

USPS literally just came as I was walking out the door for work. Opened the box quick to check out the razor for myself and I'm super impressed with the quality. Very light! Something I'm not used to using a DE89. It's a sexy looking razor. Mine has the slight squeak of the threads, too. But it's not bad and I really don't care. The razor itself looks to be flawless. For $45 I'm definitely feeling like I got my money's worth.

FINALLY got back to the office after a week of travel to find my RRBS waiting for me. The razor's fit and finish appear to be flawless. There's some thread squeak, which I'm not at all concerned about and should be remedied with some blade oil. After using my Merkur 45 bakelite all week the RRBS has a nice heft, although I can see how those who are used to SS razors could be surprised by its light weight.

My initial impressions are very good and I will post my thoughts after a few shaves.

Now you can buy less blades and finally save money through DE shaving, right???? :lol:

I'm well on my way to saving money. All I need do now is live to the age of 375.:thumbup:

attachment.php

Shave 3 and I was actually able to have a nice one with no rush or hollerin' sleepy wives lol!

I listened to your, "maybe not" Jason and kept the blade in there. I remembered that the Personna Lab hits its sweet spot on shave 3, anyway. So I had to give it another go at least. But I changed up my soap. I went with the Stallion in the new Taloe formula.

Fantastic! Not a single hint of dragging, not a single hint of irritation, and a super speedy, flyin' round my face shave! It really was. I took the first several strokes at a normal, comfortable pace looking for that drag I'd felt before. Didn't happen. Kept going, getting more confident. Still going great. Worked up to full speed and it as awesome! So I'm glad to report that I don't think its anything to do with the razor, but a factor of the soap or could still be the blade. Moral of the story: experiment with different variables before making a final judgment.

Splashed on a healthy dose of Stallion AS too. I'm on my way to a preschool field trip to the grocery store! Woot! It's me and a bunch of young moms. We're riding with one of them I know pretty well since I don't drive. I certainly don't mind that ;) I think I've "over dressed" though with the Stallion lol. Its a little strong, hopefully they don't think I'm trying t impress "the Laaadays" :biggrin1:

So based on this shave, I can say with confidence that this BS razor is anything but. I honestly think its just as effective as the Stealth. The stealth, like Bruce said, has a bit more mild feel and comfort (you notice the blade on the BS) but its pretty minimal. The sleeker head and maneuverability of the BS does beat the Stealth though. This is going to be a hard call which will be #1!

Young Mom: "My goodness, John. You smell amazing!"

John: "I know. I'm wearing The Stallion, baby!":001_cool:

Third from the bottom, are those all Kai blades?
They are marked IRIDIUM SUPER, but turned out to be knock-offs. Not horrible but certainly not the real deal and they were cheaper than Astras. I think alcohol may have been involved with the order but not sure. The whole affair is rather fuzzy.
There is nothing for scale in that photo. I could not tell if those were 5 blade tucks or 100 blade boxes.
I should have stepped out from behind the stack when me wife took the photo and you could have used me for scale.
Neither. They're obviously pallets.
Busted.:blushing:

so i was able to borrow a baby smooth today for a good shave from a friend who just got his. (also note his corner was perfect not like the one i have so mine is just a fluke for sure) great shave. i do find it a bit light so i did one side of my face with the stock handle and the other side with the stainless rr handle. personally i think i prefer the ss handle but either way i got a great dfs shave, im not sure this would be a bbs shaver for me i did 3 passes and still have just a slight shadow where normally you almost cant tell where the hair starts with a good 3 pass shave. but i can say it was a VERY comfortable shave with zero irritation with either handle and i was able to really shave quickly without issue with it. i used a personna lab blade which usually is great for me. since i have it for the weekend ill try something even sharper tomm to see if i can get a bit closer with it.

another wonderful near BBS shave with my new RRBS .. I honestly didn't think I would really care for this razor much since I was used to using heavier razors like the Merkur 39c and the DE89 w/ Weber handle
... boy was I wrong, I LOVE THIS RAZOR !!!!!
$IMG_0333 (2).jpg

another wonderful near BBS shave with my new RRBS .. I honestly didn't think I would really care for this razor much since I was used to using heavier razors like the Merkur 39c and the DE89 w/ Weber handle
... boy was I wrong, I LOVE THIS RAZOR !!!!!

That's exactly how I felt regarding lighter vs heavier razors. It has been a pleasant surprise and a nice addition to my collection.

so i was able to borrow a baby smooth today for a good shave from a friend who just got his. (also note his corner was perfect not like the one i have so mine is just a fluke for sure) great shave. i do find it a bit light so i did one side of my face with the stock handle and the other side with the stainless rr handle. personally i think i prefer the ss handle but either way i got a great dfs shave, im not sure this would be a bbs shaver for me i did 3 passes and still have just a slight shadow where normally you almost cant tell where the hair starts with a good 3 pass shave. but i can say it was a VERY comfortable shave with zero irritation with either handle and i was able to really shave quickly without issue with it. i used a personna lab blade which usually is great for me. since i have it for the weekend ill try something even sharper tomm to see if i can get a bit closer with it.

It's amazing BBS with Pol Silvers. It was kind of meh with Personna lab Blues for me.

yeah same here the labs just didnt do it with this razor. i was thinking a yellow or feather but i can try a polsilver ir this time i have all available.

I've had enough shaves to finally form an opinion of the RRBS. I've never used a RR razor before and my current rotation is an R41, EJ87, 37C, '58 Flare Tip, and Parker shavette.

The finish was very good and I like how it looks more like a tool than a decoration. There were a couple of spots where the metal wasn't totally smooth, but I really had to dig to find them. They are not a factor in razor operation.

Loading blades was easier than a Merkur but not as precise as EJ/Muhle. Once some tension is on the blade it has less play.

The pressure and angle were very intuitive. Cutting action was smooth and efficient. A three pass shave gave a DFS/BBS and even got some trouble spots without extra buffing or touchups. No nicks, cuts, weepers, or irritation. The amount of blade exposure was surprising! I thought this thing might be more aggressive than expected. It must be the amount of blade angle because I didn't feel the blade on my skin. The razor was also extremely forgiving on the odd occasion that the blade "stuck". Any other razor would've nicked me, but not the RRBS.
Overall the Baby Smooth delivered great shaves at minimal effort. It has easily earned a spot in my rotation and might make it to go-to status.

Top Bottom