What's new

Check 6: March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

I am now 52 and my Dr. reminded me at my last visit to get this scheduled, So after playing phone tag with the dept. that schedules these things (I work nights) I will call them this morning ( they don't open until 0900) as improving my health was a promise I made to myself for this year and getting checked out does fall into this category!
I have made the appointment for April 14.

Last edited:
Great Post! I am only 42 but I see my Urologist twice a year. Once a year he gives me the unpleasant prostate check, but am glad to get it. Thanks for making us aware and thanks for reminding me. Don

Thank you gentlemen for sharing your stories. I think it was a successful month in increasing awareness. I know I was more aware of the importance of having my colonoscopy done at 50 because of the previous Check 6 threads. It was also a successful month for me because I did I hope to be around for many more. See you next year.

How do I get a check 6 badge? I've read the thread, awesome BTW, but don't know how to get the badge. I have my baseline test scheduled, but at my age there is no need for the actual procedure.
also gonna kill 2 birds with one stone and have baseline work done for prostate.

How do I get a check 6 badge? I've read the thread, awesome BTW, but don't know how to get the badge. I have my baseline test scheduled, but at my age there is no need for the actual procedure.
also gonna kill 2 birds with one stone and have baseline work done for prostate.
It was in post 2

I see what to do, but I don't see where it says how you get the badge...
anyway it's not really important. And I can't get one at my age anyway. Just baseline tests.
I believe they were issue the badges for the month of March, so long as you posted you were getting checked.

They'll probably start removing them shortly as March is over.

I am now 52 and my Dr. reminded me at my last visit to get this scheduled, So after playing phone tag with the dept. that schedules these things (I work nights) I will call them this morning ( they don't open until 0900) as improving my health was a promise I made to myself for this year and getting checked out does fall into this category!
I have made the appointment for April 14.

great news, Rob. It's a far sight more pleasant than tax day!

Good deal, Stoof. :thumbup1:

Thanks to everyone for participating in this thread. We'll all be healthier for it. We'll do the drawing for the WCS gift certificate shortly, and announce the results here over the weekend. We're all big winners here.

Great news all around, gents, and I'm really happy that no chemo is needed. It just goes to show that if there is something in there, you really do want to know. Surgery stinks, and so does chemo and radiation, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.

+1.

I see what to do, but I don't see where it says how you get the badge...
anyway it's not really important. And I can't get one at my age anyway. Just baseline tests.

How old are you? Does it run in your family? You can get a colonoscopy covered at any age even though doctors like to just give an age requirement.

How old are you? Does it run in your family? You can get a colonoscopy covered at any age even though doctors like to just give an age requirement.

I'm 30 in july.
No family history. Spoke with doc and he said no need to the procedure, but I was able to get a lot of baseline work done he said.
appointment is Tuesday. A bunch of bloodwork.

Well, Appointment got pushed back, have preliminary consultation for the colonoscopy next week and then according to the Dr. Office the procedure will be set for the following week. The worst part is the waiting, just want tot get it done and be given a clean bill of health.

Again thanks for bringing this thread to the forefront, probably would not have been pushed to do it otherwise. Thanks Gents

Sorry for the delay announcing this, but congrats to spaceboy2001, who will receive the West Coast Shaving gift certificate! It's been said before, but we are all winners here.

Top Bottom