What's new

Bootlegger's Blue

Sorry if I'm hijacking someone else's nomenclature or ideas. I was inspired recently in a thread about AV Musk. Someone compared it to Floid Blue. I was skeptical at first, but then compared them side by side. While not identical, they do share some similarities so I decided to mix them.

Holy cow. What a wonderful fragrance. Admittedly, I used Floid Blue EDT instead of aftershave, but mixed equally with Aqua Velva Musk it is terrific. As soon as I acquire some FB aftershave I'll try it with that too, but for now, I'm impressed.

I dunno, man....... Floid Blue is pretty magical just the way it is. I wouldn't have the heart to mess with it.

"Bootlegger's" is kind of spoken for around these parts. It's an unofficial brand at B&B. The whole point to Bootlegger's is mixing cheap aftershaves together to create something amazing that is just as good (or better) than the more expensive brands.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah, expensive aftershaves should already do all they advertise for that money. And then there are the 'Classics' that while cheap, would be sacrilege to mess with. Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva Musk, etc. Nothing to improve upon with these type of classics.

Given price per oz, Floid Blue is less expensive that many moderately priced Aftershaves, including Fine's own blends.

"Bootlegger's" is kind of spoken for around these parts. It's an unofficial brand at B&B. The whole point to Bootlegger's is mixing cheap together to create something amazing that is just as good (or better) than the more expensive brands.

Which is what I've done. While blue is not bottom shelf nor clearance rack cheap, it's not expensive either. Musk fits the inexpensive criteria all day long. All I ask is that you try it before finding reasons not to, you may be pleasantly surprised. Put a couple drops of each in the palm of your hand what have you to lose?

I'll continue to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Floid isn't all that expensive - except in the US. You can order 400ml bottles from http://tvbshaving.com for about $12 a bottle. Which makes it about the same price as Clubman. Of course they don't have Floid Blue, but somebody out there does for less tgan $40/400ml.

I've yet to try either Floid Blue or AV Musk, but the mixture sounds intriguing.

Top Bottom