What's new

The Mongoose is a game changer

Lets be realistic. The DE razor is a 3 pass razor and takes 10 - 15mins. The Mongoose will appeal to those taking up the hobby and who can complete a shave with one or two passes in around 5 minutes. Now thats a game changer don't you think?

For me it doesn't eliminate two thirds of my shave time. I own one and it saves me a couple swipes each pass which I enjoy but it certainly doesn't eliminate the amount of time that you're suggesting it does. All said and done it might save me a minute or two if that.

As far as efficiency goes it's milder than the Cobra Classic and King Cobra razors that use the same blade and not nearly as aggressive as my ATT Kronos H2 razor. I find the time I saved from the larger blade is used to do a some additional cleanup in an attempt to get a perfect bbs shave.

Overall the Mongoose is a very nice razor that I definitely enjoy using but I don't see it being a game changer in this regard.

I find it more aggressive than the Cobra, which I found somewhat "meh" to be honest. With a lighter handle and the Feather Super blade I get glorious shaves on the Mongoose. One pass is good enough for work, but I do two or three when time permits.

Well... In my opinion the goose is too mild to give an efficient shave with one or two passes. Not that I love the cobra but it isn't as mild and it gives me a better shave.

Well... In my opinion the goose is too mild to give an efficient shave with one or two passes. Not that I love the cobra but it isn't as mild and it gives me a better shave.

That would be the YMMV thing that everyone mentions here. [emoji106][emoji6]
How dull would it be if we all loved the same razor and soap?

Ah...... $200 razor. Buck a blade.

Yeah, it's a stainless steel razor that uses the Feather Pro style blades. The blade price isn't as bad as it seems. Once you take into consider how long a blade lasts in comparison to a standard DE blade they end up costing about the same per shave.

I'm not sure if it's the razor or the blades that I'm not crazy about. I've had the mongoose and the cobra and found them too mild and less efficient than I would like. Schick injector blades were even worse for me.

I've easily had great results with the Feather Pro, Kai and Dorko blades in both of the Cobra razors. The Mongoose is smooth with the Feather Pro and Kai blades but not nearly as aggressive as I'd like. I find myself doing way too much touch up. The Feather Super blades up the aggressiveness but made the shave harsh for me. I need to revisit the Super blades now that I'm getting much better with the razor because some of the harshness was likely due to my poor technique with it.

Top Bottom