What's new

Have you had problems with shipping from WCS?

Last week I placed an order for a new razor and some blades from WCS. My order was shipped on 2/19 using USPS. The only thing USPS has listed for the tracking number status is "shipping label created." I have called the USPS several times and they are absolutely no help whatsoever. They keep saying that until the status is updated, they have no idea where the package is, or when it will be delivered. I have also contacted WCS and they said they are aware of the lousy service from the USPS and just give them some time. I have a bad feeling about this as I believe the package has been lost...if not there would've been at some updates listed for the tracking number. Eight days later I still have not received my order, and the USPS still has not updated the status. What should I do? Should I keep waiting, hoping against reason that USPS didn't lose my package, or should I ask WCS to look into the matter from their end?

I would still give it some time due to the severe weather that has recently taken place around the country.

I ordered a razor from someone in the south (I'm in northeast) and when the package arrived in Knoxville, it was literally stuck there for over a week with the USPS tracking site showing no additional shipping info whatsoever.

Then after all that time elapsed (this was all in early Feb) it suddenly made its way to the distribution center here and finally to my house.

I just looked at the tracking number for my order and it had been sent "2 Day Priority Mail", but took 12 days to reach me :)

In all the decades I've been receiving shipments from all over the US, I have only had two packages ever lost, and they were both by the delivery service in which FedEx hands off to the local post office for the final leg by USPS.

I am guessing that the label was created and the package fell behind a desk or something so it did not reach the post office for a while.

I just looked at the tracking number for my order and it had been sent "2 Day Priority Mail", but took 12 days to reach me :)

In all the decades I've been receiving shipments from all over the US, I have only had two packages ever lost, and they were both by the delivery service in which FedEx hands off to the local post office for the final leg by USPS.

It's not surprising. I live in Austin, Texas and sent a buddy a package to Dallas, Texas, 300 miles away. I sent the package priority post. It took 2 months before he received it.

I am guessing that the label was created and the package fell behind a desk or something so it did not reach the post office for a while.
According to the person I spoke to at WCS, my order was actually picked up by the USPS on the 19th...why they haven't updated the status is unknown, but according to the USPS, anytime the package is scanned, the status gets updated...so I'm guessing the package hasn't been scanned yet, or its been lost altogether...

It's not surprising. I live in Austin, Texas and sent a buddy a package to Dallas, Texas, 300 miles away. I sent the package priority post. It took 2 months before he received it.

This is the last time I will have anything of mine shipped by the USPS. I have nothing but trouble with them every time they ship something of mine, and their tracking system absolutely sucks...it's never accurate or up to date...if I have to pay extra to have something shipped via UPS or FedEx I will do so...

You could purchase the razor and blades again from some other vendor, that'll for sure get the original package moving again. Its like when I cant find my darn hammer and Ill go buy another one, then the old one will turn up. You could then just return one of the razors to one of the vendors and get your money back. Im betting it will turn up, though something does seem wrong. Whether its WCS I would have no idea, most likely its sitting someone doing nothing. Steam starts shooting out my ears when this happens to me, Ive gotten so angry before I just place the same order through someone else then just returned one of them. If you never get the package from WCS they will make it right, dont worry. I think its 14 days until usps considers a package lost, could be wrong bout that too though.

USPS tracking is archaic compared to UPS and FedEx, but my guess is your package is just stuck at a distribution center that is backlogged by delays at other centers. USPS is slow and inefficient, but at least in my experience they get the package to its destination...eventually.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I've had packages delivered before the tracking was updated; I've had packages delayed including from WCS but it has never been their fault. It happens but I've always received the packages so far.

I've ordered twice from WCS and had no problem. I'd say USPS is responsible. Amazon has started using USPS a lot for smaller items also.

Grampi, I would give it a bit more time. You didn't say where you're located, but it sounds like you might be across the country from California, where WCS is located. Usually, USPS gets anywhere in the country in a few days, but given the bad weather this time of year, that could explain a delay. Eight days is a long time to wait, but not unheard of. Most companies say to wait a couple weeks before reporting the shipment as lost. I would say, if another week goes by and you haven't received the package, and there's no update on tracking, then put in a claim with WCS and insist they make good on the sale.

FWIW, my experiences with USPS have been different from what a lot of people are reporting. I often order through Amazon, since I have a Prime membership, and I'd estimate 2/3 of their shipments come via USPS, most often Priority Mail. Most shipments from USPS get to me on time, with no hassle; sometimes, they're even ahead of schedule, which never happens with UPS or FedEx. That said, the tracking is a completely mixed bag. There are times the status hasn't been updated, even after I have received the package. Other times, it's accurate, although a bit slow (e.g., it can take several hours for the package to be shown as delivered after being dropped in my box). Comparatively, FedEx and UPS tracking is always up-to-the-minute and accurate.

It isn't uncommon for USPS to not update their online tracking stuff. I've had packages that'll say "shipping label created" and nothing updates until the package is actually delivered.

I have had a few packages with USPS take a day or two longer than expected but overall I have had very good results with them. I consistently have issues with FedEx and just this week had a UPS package take 4 business days to get to me from Indy (about 50 miles)

If the USPS runs all of their operations this way, it's no wonder they're so far in the red...

They're technically in the red, but largely because of how Congress requires them to do their books. They have to include in their accounting TODAY the pensions and benefits for 75 years in the FUTURE, so it's pretty much impossible for them to not be in the red on paper.

But I will agree, they're not known for employing the highest caliber folks. The closest USPS office for me was staffed by a man so old he could barely move (but a nice guy) and two very, very ornery women. They were so bad and had so many complaints that the USPS told them to retire or be laid off. You know something's wrong when a government employee is threatened with firing. But the new staff is awesome. They work very quickly, know what they're doing, and are always a pleasure to deal with.

I might have you beat. I ordered a strop that has been "out for delivery" since November 9th :blink:

Edit: I didn't order this from WCS.

Last edited:
I ordered some blades from WCS early last week and incidentally ordered something else from Italian Barber the same day. I got the Canadian package first. On Tuesday I checked the USPS tracking site for my WCS order and was told it was still in California...only to have the package show up at my door that afternoon. Go figure.

I once had to send a computer off to get something repaired on it and when it was shipped back, it was taking longer than I expected so I checked the online tracking site only to see this enigmatic message: "Delay - train derailment"!! No joke. It actually said train derailment. I had images of my computer sitting in a snowbank amid a huge train wreck somewhere but I eventually got it unharmed a few days later.

I've had USPS list my package as shipping label created and it was at my front door when I came home. 2 day priority packages from 8 hour drive from my house take 3-4 days..

Top Bottom