What's new

Have you had problems with shipping from WCS?

I know it doesn't really help Grampi with his situation (or ncfyrfyter with his), but I just had a delivery today from Amazon via USPS Parcel Select. I ordered it on Thursday with Prime shipping. It got here in two days, exactly on time, and even the tracking was pretty accurate. It's a drag so many people have problems with USPS, but I can honestly say that most of the time, I don't.

For the record, the only time I ever experienced a misdelivered package was with FedEx. A neighbor of mine finally brought it to me a few days after FedEx dropped it off at the wrong house. The company I bought it from was just about to send out a replacement, which I was fortunately able to head off.

I know it doesn't really help Grampi with his situation (or ncfyrfyter with his), but I just had a delivery today from Amazon via USPS Parcel Select. I ordered it on Thursday with Prime shipping. It got here in two days, exactly on time, and even the tracking was pretty accurate. It's a drag so many people have problems with USPS, but I can honestly say that most of the time, I don't.

For the record, the only time I ever experienced a misdelivered package was with FedEx. A neighbor of mine finally brought it to me a few days after FedEx dropped it off at the wrong house. The company I bought it from was just about to send out a replacement, which I was fortunately able to head off.
For whatever reason, I have never had a problem with Amazon shipments. IIRC, they use USPS most of the time, and I would say that more than half the time they beat the promised delivery.

It's funny, make sure you get a case started via the national 800 number (get the reference number so there is tracking, this should be in addition to the tracking number for shipment but not always depending on how the rep handles it). Give it a 48 hours. If you get no response, call the local office itself and ask them directly.

If you get a run around, make sure you get the name of the person you're talking to and indicate that you'll be contacting the postal inspector (be nice about it however). It's amazing how FAST the package gets located.

....My uncle has been a postal inspector for >20 years and most of the issue he deals with is USPS employees slacking off, the local offices are really controlled by the local post master and a lot of the time they cover each other which I totally understand. It's impossible for the post master to know where everyone is all the time.

If you don't get a response, definitely contact the postal inspector. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

It will link you to a USPS site, but it goes to the right people. Be patient because that does take a lot of time if you have to go that route.

Since WCS is the sender, I will let them handle it. They said if I haven't received my order by 14 days after it shipped, they will take action. Whether that means they will deal with USPS, or send out a new order, either way the issue will be resolved.

I send many small parcels USPS 2 day priority. I would say the majority arrive in 3 days or more. USPS does not do themselves any favors by advertising a service that they cannot deliver. (sorry for that one)

One the other hand, standard UPS or Fed-Ex takes a week to get to me. No great shakes either.

I've had problems with FedEx and UPS before too, but not nearly as many as with the USPS...and their tracking system is infinitely better than that of the USPS...

I'm from Perth Australia. I ordered the Mongoose, paid and was shipped. Well had to contact Bullgoose because the razor ended up in Romania and then after a flurry of emails finally arrived 3 months later. Thank you USPS!

I'm from Perth Australia. I ordered the Mongoose, paid and was shipped. Well had to contact Bullgoose because the razor ended up in Romania and then after a flurry of emails finally arrived 3 months later. Thank you USPS!

Wow, that beats my worst case of misdirected routing by a long shot. Ordered something from a merchant in northeast Pennsylvania and it arrived here in northern NJ via Missouri. Fortunately it only added a couple of days to the delivery.

Since WCS is the sender, I will let them handle it. They said if I haven't received my order by 14 days after it shipped, they will take action. Whether that means they will deal with USPS, or send out a new order, either way the issue will be resolved.

Thats one of the perks of buying from a reputable source. Any lesser place you'd be SOL and have to deal with the credit card charge back.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've had many more problems with FedEx or UPS than with USPS. That said, I recently had a USPS package sit in Chicago for 19 days with no explanation. USPS tracking is sloppier than UPS, FedEx, or DHL, but it's generally reliable.

Do formally open a case, if you have not done so already. You can do so online. If the below link does not work, just go through the customer service area on the USPS website.

https://prd2faq.usps.com/faq/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs

Once I opened the case on that delayed package, it seemed that things started happening. I received a call from my local post office confirming that it was not there (apparently they did look around for it--I have a very good local office, bless them). I never heard anything from Chicago, but it did shake loose a few days later.

I have never had a lasting problem with them in any way. They have always ironed things out way beyond my expectations. In my opinion, they are an outstanding company with stellar customer service, even to the point of practically taking responsibility for the faults of shipping companies. Who could ask for more than that?

It's frustrating when the seller ships immediately and then it gets delayed by USPS. Especially when your anxiously waiting to try
a new shaving product. It's happened to me from numerous vendors more than a few times.
Hang in there. It most likely will show up soon. Good Luck.

I've had many more problems with FedEx or UPS than with USPS. That said, I recently had a USPS package sit in Chicago for 19 days with no explanation. USPS tracking is sloppier than UPS, FedEx, or DHL, but it's generally reliable.

Do formally open a case, if you have not done so already. You can do so online. If the below link does not work, just go through the customer service area on the USPS website.

https://prd2faq.usps.com/faq/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs

Once I opened the case on that delayed package, it seemed that things started happening. I received a call from my local post office confirming that it was not there (apparently they did look around for it--I have a very good local office, bless them). I never heard anything from Chicago, but it did shake loose a few days later.

I actually completed that form and I received no response to it...imagine that...

For whatever reason, I have never had a problem with Amazon shipments. IIRC, they use USPS most of the time, and I would say that more than half the time they beat the promised delivery.

I know I'm risking sounding like a broken record, but I got a surprise today when a teapot I ordered from Amazon via USPS, which was originally promised by Tuesday, arrived today before noon. So not only was it two days early, but USPS delivered it on a Sunday. It must be an Amazon thing.

Gents, the Amazon via USPS is an influenced thing. I noticed this last year and spoke with a route delivery person shortly before Christmas about it. He told me when you see the USPS long life service vehicles(mouthful to say 'funny look little white vans') out on Sundays it is Amazon and their Prime services. It would probably be hotly denied but since Amazon is about the biggest account in town, who do you think is getting the best customer service from USPS? I can honestly say the service from USPS on my Prime orders has been over the top good. A charger ordered on a Friday about two weeks before Christmas was delivered two days later on Sunday. Unheard of.

Conversely, the last three or four items I have purchased from small vendors and paid the extra money for priority 1-3 day service has typically taken 3-5 days. It is getting mighty irksome to pay extra for priority shipping only to find it is not a priority to the USPS. This should NOT be taken as a complaint against the vendors. They are selling exactly what you are paying for. It's the ruddy post that is dropping the ball. They just about force fed everyone into those danged one rate boxes and then started skimping on their service. You can still get the 7x7 square boxes and pay by the pound Priority and it is still a better deal than their small flat rate box. Simply because you can fit larger shaped items in it. Ideal for sending shave cream jar or boxed soap to a friend. I have always defended the Post in that where else can you put a letter in an envelope and send it across country for half a dollar? Still, with the steady reduction in letter mailings they know their bacon is paid for in the package shipping business. Just give what you are charging for, that's all I ask.

It finally showed up today...nice razor BTW! I will be avoiding using the USPS as much as possible...unless of course, I'm ordering something from Amazon...

I too have had phenomenal luck with USPS and my Prime orders.

Never had an issue with WCS, as I just drive over there and pick the stuff up live and in person.

Glad your order finally arrived though.

Ordered last Friday, fedex label printed saturday, package picked up monday, fedex was supposed to deliver this friday.

On friday, fedex said package was on truck, weather was fine, and then there was a delivery exemption for bad weather which was a lie. Finally got package on Saturday.

so i dont think fedex ground is necessarily better than usps.

i think they have a great selection but prices are a bit lower abroad and I really thought package would arrive to east coast earlier than it did. Probably makes more sense if you are on the west coast.

Top Bottom