What's new

Thank You - To Everyone

Folks, I enjoy pipe smoking and have for many years before joining B&B. We have an impressive forum dedicated to brown leaf hobbies with an exceptional bunch of people.

Recently I joined another forum focused strickly on pipes (pipes magazine). I joined not to ever leave my enjoyed B&B but to find another group of folks who enjoy the hobby as much as I do and to get involved with more participation dedicated to pipes. I've been on that site for a month now and during IPSD (International Pipe Smoking Day) another site P&C (pipes and cigars) gave away a 10lb limited edition freebie box with $100 or more purchase. They sold out in about 4 hours. The folks over there have cried and whined and acted like the biggest bunch of babies and anytime someone mentions their gift box people dive in again like piranhas.

We didn't do that here nor that I'm aware of, have we ever done that. We've supported each other, congratulated each other, and found pleasure in seeing others gain value where we didn't (IE - the rare esoterica shipments, or a limited edition opportunity with a B&B pipe, etc).

So I wanted to take the few minutes during my lunch break today and tell you all how much more appreciative I am of our forum and of B&B as a whole. I personally thank you all for being great people and respectable, kind, generous, and professional members. That for me, is why I'm sailing towards 3,000 posts and always look forward to seeing my next 1,000 posts.

Thanks again everyone for being the best forum and website available on the planet!

DC

PS - Mods - I know I could have placed this in the general or barber shop area but because I wanted to specifically address the browl leaf group, I elected to post it here. Hope you don't mind....

I know that I was surprised at the maturity level and helpfulness when I joined... It's not a typical thing in the internet community.

Folks, I enjoy pipe smoking and have for many years before joining B&B. We have an impressive forum dedicated to brown leaf hobbies with an exceptional bunch of people.

Recently I joined another forum focused strickly on pipes (pipes magazine). I joined not to ever leave my enjoyed B&B but to find another group of folks who enjoy the hobby as much as I do and to get involved with more participation dedicated to pipes. I've been on that site for a month now and during IPSD (International Pipe Smoking Day) another site P&C (pipes and cigars) gave away a 10lb limited edition freebie box with $100 or more purchase. They sold out in about 4 hours. The folks over there have cried and whined and acted like the biggest bunch of babies and anytime someone mentions their gift box people dive in again like piranhas.

We didn't do that here nor that I'm aware of, have we ever done that. We've supported each other, congratulated each other, and found pleasure in seeing others gain value where we didn't (IE - the rare esoterica shipments, or a limited edition opportunity with a B&B pipe, etc).

So I wanted to take the few minutes during my lunch break today and tell you all how much more appreciative I am of our forum and of B&B as a whole. I personally thank you all for being great people and respectable, kind, generous, and professional members. That for me, is why I'm sailing towards 3,000 posts and always look forward to seeing my next 1,000 posts.

Thanks again everyone for being the best forum and website available on the planet!

DC

PS - Mods - I know I could have placed this in the general or barber shop area but because I wanted to specifically address the browl leaf group, I elected to post it here. Hope you don't mind....

The greatest group of like minded individuals on the web, and that includes you too, DC. Lol. All have been helpful, honest and generous. And, the mods?... the best out there. And that is the truth. I've been on other interest forums and have never been treated with such dignity as I have been here. It is an honor to be on this forum, and the BL.

DC, thanks for posting this. I'm sure you represent many of us.

Its one of the reason's i love this place, its actually people helping people out. great place to be.

We are a swell bunch, aren't we :laugh: except for Andrew... don't trust that guy for a minute :tongue_sm

110% agree with this! hahahah poor andrew he's probably sleeping right now

I'm fine with that - then I'll get to have a post that thread count exceeds the Morris & Forndran brush post :thumbup:

Everyone thank you for reading this and posting your kind words. I really appreciate it!

for a month now and during IPSD (International Pipe Smoking Day) another site P&C (pipes and cigars) gave away a 10lb limited edition freebie box with $100 or more purchase.

Now if people got a 10lb box, I am going to whine since mine is only about 5lbs.:thumbup:

J/K. I'm glad that I'm getting a goodie box and I look forward to finding out what is in it. I was going to order what I ordered no matter what and the timing just happened to work out to coincide with the IPSD specials.

I do know what is in it and you will be blown away. If you'd like to know just say the word and I'll gladly tell you the contents.

If bought separately I believe it would cost $150 just in freebie contents.

I do know what is in it and you will be blown away. If you'd like to know just say the word and I'll gladly tell you the contents.

If bought separately I believe it would cost $150 just in freebie contents.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait patiently until my box arrives. It is due to show up tomorrow.

I guess the difference between Brownleaf and other pipe sites - We're all old enough to shave here... :shaving:

I guess the difference between Brownleaf and other pipe sites - We're all old enough to shave here... :shaving:

the sad thing is so many of the guys hanging in the brownleaf are probably the scruffies of all of B&B (myself included) hahahaha

DC, your words have truly made me happy. I enjoy coming to the BL as much as anyone. I frequent other pipe forums and have come across many a characters that are less than pleasant (almost childish).

The reason we have such a wonderful forum here is because of everyone who contributes to make this place better. For without them, we would have nothing but a regular tobacco appreciation forum.

I would like to take the opportunity to give thanks to the Mod team and a very special group of people who have helped make the BL special and have worked so hard for us; Jason, Jim, JWhite, Phil, Steve, Kentos, Derrick and Ed. Yup, don't think I left anyone out :001_smile

pipesmokersforum is a much better dedicated pipes board for the record. I hang out there vastly more than pipesmagazine. There's even a long running thread over there where people actually appreciate machine made cigars (which tend to be heavily frowned upon elsewhere).

Having been the brunt of jokes in the thread DC mentions at pipesmagazine, I found the members over there to be a**holes, and extremely childish.

Much more fun to hang out at my long time home of Badger and Blade. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom