What's new

90 Day Fitness Challenge - Part Three - Spring Fling!

Apologies if I've overstepped, but I wanted to start a new 90 Day Fitness Challenge Thread for anyone interested.

I did the original one back in Fall and had GREAT success. I was part of the last one, over the holidays, but with losing my job, and moving, I didn't have the time or finances to commit to the gym. With a job and a more settled life right now, I'm recommitting to it and just found a new gym this morning. Spring is coming, and it's a great time to lose those holiday pounds and get in shape for outdoor activities. These things work best when there are many people active and involved so I'm hoping many will join!

Time period is from March 1 to May 29.

Rules:
1. Post your goals and how you expect to achieve them. Be as specific as you can, but expect to change it up as you get leaner and meaner.
2. Be honest with the group and with yourself.
3. Have fun.
4. Post updates, goals, dreams and aspirations. Jokes, tips, diets, recommendations and pics welcome too.
5. Participate often. See Rules 3 and 4 for details.
6. There is noooo Rule 6.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally:

I'm 263.5 as of this morning (I'll weigh myself again on 3/1), but that's up from my pre-holiday low of 255. Fixing that is absolutely doable. I'm also getting married in June, so I want to look good for my bride.

Goals by May 29:
1. 240 pounds
2. Continue to fit comfortably in size 38 jeans
3. When the weather breaks, ride 100 miles a week with incremental increases.

How I'll achieve it:
1. Gym time - lifting three days a week, cardio at least four days, if not five days.
2. I'll resume my core workouts that I was doing last year. Made a big difference on my posture and cycling.
3. Spin class 2/3 times per week until ... #4
4. Begin outdoor cycling season as soon as possible.
5. Track my intake more carefully using MFP

Count me in! I've had some great success during the last challenge, and am really looking forward to jumping into a new one. I'll be evaluating where I'm at, as well as where I'd like to be, within the next week or so. Once I get that done I will post some clear cut goals, as well as my plan to get there.

Count me in! I've had some great success during the last challenge, and am really looking forward to jumping into a new one. I'll be evaluating where I'm at, as well as where I'd like to be, within the next week or so. Once I get that done I will post some clear cut goals, as well as my plan to get there.

Fantastic!

Bumpski ... kind of disappointed in the lack of interest, hoping more will consider this.

Join us!

Ok, so I guess since we are officially in to March, I should post some goals!

For me, this challenge will be mainly about strength and body composition. Today's stats are 185lbs @ 17%bf. By the end of this I would love to be 190lbs @ 12%bf.

How:
really reel in my diet. I will most likely be following a calorrie zig zag pattern (high cal 2 days, lower cal 2 day).

Maintain the amount of conditioning work I'm doing.
Add an extra weight lifting session to my weekly routine.

I'm in. Been pretty much a failure on the last two so glad JJ stepped in!

15 pounds by end March
Continue wheat free
Go to gym.
Run the winter away into spring

I will join in. Not sure of my starting weight is right now, I will get it in the morning and type my goals out tomorrow.

Ok so here it is. My starting weight will be 223, ugh.

My overall goal is to lose about 40 pounds, man that sounds overwhelming. The way I do it personally, is to brake it down into two maybe three smaller goals. My first goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of March. Repeat the same thing for the month of April, lose 10-15 pounds. This will potentially put me down below 200 pounds, a place I haven't been in a very long time. To be honest I will be happy to sitting at 200 by the end of April. I'm sure at this point, or maybe even before, I will hit a plateau. I may take a short break, just 2 days, and then get started again. My goal in May is to lose 10 pounds. I want to do all this by just working out in the gym in my building and counting calories/portion control.

Ok so here it is. My starting weight will be 223, ugh.

My overall goal is to lose about 40 pounds, man that sounds overwhelming. The way I do it personally, is to brake it down into two maybe three smaller goals. My first goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of March. Repeat the same thing for the month of April, lose 10-15 pounds. This will potentially put me down below 200 pounds, a place I haven't been in a very long time. To be honest I will be happy to sitting at 200 by the end of April. I'm sure at this point, or maybe even before, I will hit a plateau. I may take a short break, just 2 days, and then get started again. My goal in May is to lose 10 pounds. I want to do all this by just working out in the gym in my building and counting calories/portion control.

Great sounding plan sir! As you already mentioned, keeping those short term goals in mind makes it a lot easier to stay motivated.

Today's weight, 262.5, down one pound :)

Mostly through better eating. The future Mrs. is very focused right now on eating better, and I'm supporting her 100 percent, so we're eating better at night. Last night she made a cauliflower pizza crust, topped with a little olive oil, some chicken sauteed in garlic and olive oil, sliced roma tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese. It was SO good even though the crust wasn't crusty enough (still experimenting with the recipe).

Hoping to hit the gym today too

Great sounding plan sir! As you already mentioned, keeping those short term goals in mind makes it a lot easier to stay motivated.
Yeah, I find the smaller goals help keep me motivated. I think a lot of people that want, or need, to lose a larger amount of weight see that larger number and get discouraged. I also feel that you need to take a break when you hit the wall/plateau. Just a couple of days to kind of kick start the fat burning again. I don't go over board, I still try to eat healthy and do portion control on the break, but to me it helps. Of course all of this is just my opinion and is not from a doctor.

Seeing the snow up past the bottom of my office window I'm not thinking Spring yet, but I am trying to re-motivate myself to lose more weight and get in better shape. Haven't stepped on the scale in awhile, but probably around 185 lbs and I'd really like to get back to around 175. I got down to 180 by May of last year, but I haven't been exercising as much or eating quite as well as I was. I'd probably be over 190, but I've shoveled so much snow over the last 6 weeks that I've offset my extra calorie intake lol. I really need to figure out a way to get my lazy self out of bed earlier and get my exercise in before the day starts. I've done it at times, but I can't seem to keep doing it. I'm not a morning person, but that's when I can best fit exercise into my schedule.

Welcome aboard Kev. I have one morning workout that I try for every Sunday, it is the only workout that I don't look forward to lol. I've found my sweet spot is to hit the gym around 8pm.

I'm in. I kinda blew off the last challenge, and gourged.

I weighed in this morning and was 441.2, still down 50 from my start in Feb 2014.

My goals are:

1. to lose 15 lbs in 90 days (more will be great)

2. Get to the gym 3x week (been going 1x the last 3 weeks). I also have a work out partner that is willing to go with me.

3. Stay under 3070 calories daily (not worry about going lower as every time i try i sabotage myself, and 3k will give a 1.5 lb/week loss).

4. Not stress if I don't make it, but will do whatever I can to make it this round.

5. Most updates will be om my weight loss thread, not here.

Welcome aboard Kev. I have one morning workout that I try for every Sunday, it is the only workout that I don't look forward to lol. I've found my sweet spot is to hit the gym around 8pm.

I used to work out at night, but now my kids have all these after school activities. We're usually eating dinner around then lol. I workout out Thurs, Sat and Sun right now for about an hour and sometimes squeeze a 30 min workout into a Wed or Fri evening. I really want to get back to the early am workouts Mon-Fri though.

Top Bottom