What's new

Post a picture of your celebrity crush.

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.
proxy.php

View attachment 560678

Can you imagine being in love with a woman who is capable of finishing a richly complex story... for which you provide her only the opening line as a beginning? Meryl Streep's character Karen Blixon weaves such a story in Out of Africa, and finishes it in such style that ever since I've fantasized about being charmed by such a lovely storyteller as she.

What is interesting about this thread... is taking notice of which celebrities everyone else is choosing as their crush. After "studying" all those other choices, I've come up with a short list of celebrity features which I don't find at all appealing. Any celebrity that has these features would never make my top ten list:

1. Anyone whose appeal depends almost entirely on makeup.
  2. Anyone whose appeal relies largely upon youth; so many "cute" features almost never age well.
  3. Anyone who behaves poorly, is nasty, or has appeared in a number of mug shots.
  4. Anyone who is embarrassingly stupid.
  5. Anyone that lacks basic self confidence.

All that said, there is one celebrity feature that I always find very appealing: a solid education. Anyone who is willing to take a large block of years out of a young career in order to further their education, magically becomes much more attractive.

Last edited:
What is interesting about this thread... is taking notice of which celebrities everyone else is choosing as their crush. After "studying" all those other choices, I've come up with a short list of celebrity features which I don't find at all appealing. Any celebrity that has these features would never make my top ten list:

1. Anyone whose appeal depends almost entirely on makeup.
  2. Anyone whose appeal relies largely upon youth; so many "cute" features almost never age well.
  3. Anyone who behaves poorly, is nasty, or has appeared in a number of mug shots.
  4. Anyone who is embarrassingly stupid.
  5. Anyone that lacks basic self confidence.

All that said, there is one celebrity feature that I always find very appealing: a solid education. Anyone who is willing to take a large block of years out of a young career in order to further their education, magically becomes much more attractive.

So, what is your top ten list?

I referred you to my three posts --- rather than just naming the three celebrity crushes --- in order to attempt to not be so obviously biased in favor of women who are blessed with what is commonly referred to as strong eyebrows. Jennifer Connellly has 'em; Olivea Williams has 'em; and so does Meryl Streep (although perhaps only in my imagination.) "Strong" can refer to either full-browed or interestingly shaped. Yes, it most certainly is a fetish, but let me give all you gentlemen a tip: If, while you are engaged in a conversation with a woman, you keep all of your attention to the woman's eyebrows, she will assume that you are looking deeply into her eyes. Since at no time do you glance down at what might be considered her "other attributes" she will think you are paying 100% attention to what she is saying. In any event, she will be SO happy that you are not one of those cretins who cannot avoid looking at either her cleavage or her "lower attractions" every thirty seconds... you will be (at the very least) appreciated.

I do reward blonde and red eyebrows with extra bonus points, but those are rare among celebrities... and my additional requirements for braininess, confidence, and character make those delights almost too much to ask for. And I apologize in advance for admitting that I could not find any woman who tweezes their eyebrows almost to a state of nonexistance to be in any way attractive. :001_huh:

----------

I think all of this amounts to "more information than needed."

I would hope that everyone here has some sort of list of things that they find appealing in the other sex, but I am regularly appalled by those folks who have narrowed it down to just one particular measurement.

Top Bottom