What's new

I'm half tempted to go see the 50 Shades of Grey movie.

Also, I thought women didn't like to be objectified but now so many are all gushing over a poorly written novel of a man objectifying a woman. I dunno...

Getting whipped and smacked around by a billionaire = fantasy.
Getting whipped and smacked around by the mechanic who works on your minivan = felony.

Simple, really.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There is a big difference between lust/fetish and abuse.

If you've read the book then you will understand this is clearly about lust and erotic fetishism. The author at least does a good job conveying that message IMO.

Getting whipped and smacked around by a billionaire = fantasy.
Getting whipped and smacked around by the mechanic who works on your minivan = felony.

Simple, really.

Yeah - I don't see this book/movie being nearly as popular if the man was an assistant manager at Kinkos.

There is a big difference between lust/fetish and abuse.

If you've read the book then you will understand this is clearly about lust and erotic fetishism. The author at least does a good job conveying that message IMO.

I agree that there is a difference. I think the problem is that many people can't draw that line clearly and so there will be abuse that is inspired by this book/film.

Someone earlier mentioned that this book breaks a lot of the rules that are used in BDSM and is therefore a bad introduction to that lifestyle. I believe he said that his BDSM friends were horrified by this book. (Or something like that). THAT really is concerning, if that community is not happy with the book.

Went to the cinema this evening with family. We watched the line form for this movie. In general most of the time it's only kids at the theater. Tonight's group was older than middle aged woman dressed in fmps that were way to tall for them and most were wearing clothes that you would see in an early twenty something's dance club with mall hair and way to much makeup. The after movie clean up crew looked like they were wearing hazmat suites. I can only imagine what they were finding to clean up.

proxy.php

Top Bottom