What's new

Converter for Schrade Tactical Pen

I was gifted a Schrade Tactical Pen and I'm wondering what, if any, converter will fit. The ones for my Waterman and Cross are too long. I figured the experts would know.

Not a fan of that pen, but I do have one, and the Monteverde mini converter fits it. Yes, I know, the link is to a dealer who is out of stock right now, but when I searched for it on Amazon just now, the price seemed kind of high. I haven't used that converter in a while. The ink capacity can't be all that high, but it's probably fairly close to a standard short cartridge.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have one, and the converter that came with it says "Schmidt".

Thank you Slivovitz, for the prompt reply. Even though the pen is not a thing of grace or beauty it does have, for me, a few good points. It can participate in some activities and situations that I'd hesitate to impose on my better pens. It's ugly enough to discourage misappropriation while, so far, performing dependably. It's like a homely spouse that can cook and split firewood. What's your principal objection(s) to it?

Thank you Slivovitz, for the prompt reply. Even though the pen is not a thing of grace or beauty it does have, for me, a few good points. It can participate in some activities and situations that I'd hesitate to impose on my better pens. It's ugly enough to discourage misappropriation while, so far, performing dependably. It's like a homely spouse that can cook and split firewood. What's your principal objection(s) to it?

I actually shouldn't have brought up my opinion of the pen, since it was irrelevant to the specific information you wanted, and it's natural for tastes to differ. Still, the nib on mine was very poorly made, scratchy, with the nib slit not centered. I fixed that by replacing it with a #6 Goulet's nib that I had originally bought for another pen, and now it writes well enough. I write quite a lot, though, and this big clunky object is just too uncomfortable to write with at length. It came with separate parts to turn it into a rollerball, and it now sits in a pen cup in that form. If I carried it around, I'd have to pick fights just to justify carrying such a thing with me.:wink2:

Some people like them, though, and if yours works for you, enjoy it!:thumbup1: I hope that either the converter I mentioned or another one will work for you. Also, keep in mind that you can refill cartridges with a syringe.

Top Bottom