What's new

Best performing cream you've tried?

I recently asked this question in the soap forum and got some incredible soap recommendations. I purchased some of them and B&B patrons didn't steer me wrong! I'm equally a fan of creams so here we go....

While scents add to the overall shave experience, please focus on performance alone. I would like to hear your best performing cream(s) based on ease of whipping up a nice thick/rich lather, protection, slickness/glide and those that don't dissipate if you take your time shaving. If the brand offers more than one scent, what's your pick of the brand?

Thanks in advance for sharing. God Bless and enjoy your shaves.

Focusing on performance alone,irrespective of scent,the best performing cream I've ever used,far and away,is the Italian cream,XPEC. I use the unscented version. Coming in a distant 2nd would be Castle Forbes Lime or Lavender. XPEC is unequalled in just performance,IMO.

Craig

Focusing on performance alone,irrespective of scent,the best performing cream I've ever used,far and away,is the Italian cream,XPEC. I use the unscented version. Coming in a distant 2nd would be Castle Forbes Lime or Lavender. XPEC is unequalled in just performance,IMO.

Craig

Wow. Just looked it up. That is some pricey cream.

Initially Speick and Proraso were my favorite creams.

Then I acquired a tube of Dettol from India. I've never had a cream that lathered with such minimal effort and was slicker than snot on a door knob.

1) C&E Sweet Almond Oil. (Too bad it was discontinued shortly after I got into wet-shaving.)
2) The Body Shop's Original Formula. (It was discontinued about the same time.)
3) Proraso Red with Wheat Germ. (Discontinued.)

{S.i.g.h} ~ I'm seeing a pattern here.

TOBS Sandalwood is lovely to use. Also Supermax original and Godrej red. I don't get much variation in creams. For me, either they are good or bad.

T&H I have Trafalger and Grafton.
Trumpers Coconut (the leather and the violet are almost as good)

I also like Proraso Red, AoS Ocean Kelp, and Al's Goodfellas.

I have not tried Xpex, but I recall the container being larger than most.

Would love to try Tabla Rasa.

T&H I have Trafalger and Grafton.
Trumpers Coconut (the leather and the violet are almost as good)

I also like Proraso Red, AoS Ocean Kelp, and Al's Goodfellas.

I have not tried Xpex, but I recall the container being larger than most.

Would love to try Tabla Rasa.

Yes.the XPEC comes in a Huge 250 ml jar and just a tiny bit of the cream produces abundant lather. So the jar lasts a long,long time.

Craig

Still searching for the best, but a few that stand out for me are the T&H creams, Blue Stratos, Zuska and Biotique Palmyra.

If scent is not an issue, Proraso Red(sandalwood) makes me forget that I'm running a sharp blade across my face. Excellent protection and does a great job of softening the stubble too.

Top Bottom