What's new

Think Spring 3-15-2015

And we're off...

First glorious shave with the PannaCrema accompanied by the first sunny spring like day we've had here. Couldn't have timed it better. Nothing not to like about this soap! Super creamy, super thick, super slick. Lovely. Even the Mrs. complimented the scent.

Great idea Brian. This will be a delightful 3017.

It's 85 degrees in the Phoenix area today, so it was a good day for 'spring' shaves. I tried the SCS Fairway and didn't really get the load/water ratio right. My shave was fine, but not what I was hoping. I paired it with AV Ice Blue!

IanS Lavender Lime Lanolin provided a great lather to kick this off. Wonderfully scented and moisturizing to boot.

Brian, what is your SCS consumption rate? I weighed the little sample I have and it's only 4g. As its a softer soap I'm not sure if I will even get 3 shaves out of it. Thoughts?

You can probably get 3 shaves out of it. It's not like MdC as far as ease of lathering goes, but you don't need much to generate a really rich, slick lather.

In spring spirit, MdC Scented will carry me through this challenge (1/3 of the jar is gone).

Well, it was only 2 shaves for me, with a little pencil-eraser size nub left that I put on top of my Palmolive. That's about 2g per shave. I did a much better job this time, using a wetter brush and more loading. I had a slick shave this time although I made a bit of a mess. Finished with DR Harris Arlington!

I was tempted to continue with my other SCS samples (Sandal & Pumpkin) as I'm starting to dial it in. They aren't 'springtime' though, so I'll make a note for when October rolls around.

Wednesday - B&M Adagio begins again! This scent is really good and with two or three prior uses I'm looking forward to more.

Plugging along with the PannaCrema lavandotto. I'm finding it as thirsty as any soap I've ever used. This morning after loading it with a damp brush and doing a few swirls in my face to get it going I literally dunked the knot of my brush briefly completely underwater. The soap just soaked it up and I was rewarded with some of the creamiest photogenic lather I've seen. I was also rewarded with about 6 passes worth of lather so going forward less soap and more water.

The scent reminds me of some kind of dessert. Can't put my finger on just what yet.

3 shaves down on IanS LLL.
Last two with a Plisson synth. The lather is churned out as the most consistent smooth lather I've ever seen. Almost looks fake.

Started on the B&M Adagio tonight. That menthol kick, while not heavy as far as I can tell, was still a bit more than I was ready for. I will stay with it for the next few weeks, but I think it is better suited for a wakeup call and not my recent habit of evening shaves.

I'm still working on the Adagio. I really love how the scent blooms as I lather. And oddly enough, the menthol seems to have toned itself down. It has me reconsidering the fact I knocked it off my list now (where after the first shave I was a little overwhelmed).

I used my synthetic travel Muhle brush and it takes some getting used to but I did end up with nice lather. I had to go back to the puck for pass three, since it's a tiny knot.

So far so good with the PC Lavandotto. Some of the richest and creamiest lathers I've had lately. I'm still getting used to the scent but after learning just how much water it can take I'm A-OK with the lather.

The LLL still good, but as I had pressed it into a glass container and am now on vacation, I left it at home and returned to Mystic Water Coconut Lime Verbena. Maybe a more summer scent, but close enough.

PC Lavandotto is great. It's not what I was expecting which was mainly lavender. I'm almost at a loss as to how to describe the scent. But it is bright so it's great for Spring. My daughter smells lime. My wife smells doughnuts. I just know I'm enjoying the scent, but I'm loving the lather. SO rich, thick and creamy. I'm reducing loading time and increasing the water. It just keeps getting better. Haven't had a bad shave yet, but I am figuring out how to make it better and better. PC is quickly working its way into the very upper echelon of shave products I've used.

Where's Brian?

Top Bottom