What's new

Time to revisit creams.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
It's been a long time. My only cream right now is a tube of Proraso and I want to add some more creams to my den that is currently LOADED with soaps. So far, the only cream I really know I want to try is Castle Forbes. What are some other great creams I should try out? What are some scents that you all like with performance that matches?

And is AoS cream still considered pretty good? I had a tub of Sandalwood ages ago and I loved the scent. Can't remember if I enjoyed the performance or not as it was one of my first products.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
QC is more of a soft soap, though. I've used it before and I enjoyed it but I'm thinking more along the lines of a more liquid cream. I forgot about Cyril Salter, it was cream of the year in the B&B awards so it should probably be on the list!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Proraso holds up well against many of my soaps. That's why it's my only cream nowadays. Love it!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Castle Forbes Lavender is the king of creams, but the Lime is very nice as well. T&H Ultimate Comfort is a really nice cream for the price, but it is virtually unscented. Trumper's coconut gets a lot of love around here.

I only tried a sample of AoS cream, but I remember it being quite nice.

AK 1869 in the tub use to be a fabulous bargain, but I have not tried the new formula. I did recently read a very good review here.

I've been pretty impressed by the Body Shop Maca Root cream, especially for the price. Also TOBS Peppermint is nice and rich (and I like the soothing peppermint oil effect). Oh, and you can't go wrong with Speick or Nancy Boy, either.

Big fan of D R Harris and Truefitt + Hill creams. Don't think too much of the TOBS creams, except their grapefruit; same with Trumper creams: too artificial scents and lurid dyes.

Speick cream has emerged as an unexpected favorite. Refreshing herbal, almost medicinal scent, and fabulous performance.

Musgo Real, Original version smells like Brut. All Musgo Real Creams contain lanolin. Also, Speick is a nice spicy lavender cream.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I'll likely be trying some Speick cream as Speick stick is actually one of my favorite soaps and I've tried a ton of them at this point. Posted it in the top 5 2015 thread in 3rd place or so last night, actually.

Trumpers and TOBS are made the same way to my understanding? Are there any other creams made the same way with different labels on them?

Top Bottom