What's new

Paladin Shave Brushes

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Do any of you have both PK47 and Chief that you can post a pic of side by side?

Here's a good one, though it looks like the PK-47 hasn't been used yet:
$PK-47 & Chief.jpg

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Thanks, Repete and Legal. I'm leaning towards the Chief, now to decide if I like the ivory, jade or strawberry Amber better

My PK-47 has been finished, engraved, knotted and polished... :w00t:

Being in Canada, mine was shipped to the USA border for me to pick up on an upcoming road trip to the USA, so it's not in hand yet.

For full disclosure, this was a very generous gift from Ken/Cody & Family for a bit of minor help that I did when I was on Sabbatical and he was organizing The Chief Group Buy. I didn't think anything of it and was actually honor he asked me. I expected nothing in return as it was just giving a few opinions and giving a bit of feedback on the progress Ken was making. A HUGE thanks to Ken for bestowing this wonderful gesture on me.. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the brush that is waiting for me at the border.

proxy.php

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48987

Wow Bruce, very nice brush. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I've been dying to try the PK47 and new Chiefs for what feels like years now, but have been trying to be patient waiting for the materials I want. So glad Ken got into the business.

ebonite!
ebonite!
ebonite!
Indeed.
Good things come to those who are patient... :001_rolle

Very much looking forward to my smaller Falstaff in the special Ebonite. Ken and Cody are recalibrating the engraving machine for the smaller handle. It will fit my secret passion of face lathering sticks of Mystic Water soap extremely well.

Full report will of course follow!

I was able to try the PK-47 recently. My concerns were as they always are with brushes: that the knot wouldn't be soft enough or that it would be too dense, or that the handle wouldn't fit comfortably to hand. But in every instance the brush performed beautifully. Looks-wise, the combination of handle and short-lofted knot had nearly perfect conformation. The ivory grain was pure elegance, and the shape fit my hand comfortably. Though the knot was a little denser than I normally like, I had no problem using it whatsoever. It released lather easily, and the gel tips were exquisitely soft while face lathering. It just ticked all the boxes for me. I've got to get one from a future batch release and hope it's able to duplicate the performance.

Top Bottom