What's new

Tobacquisitions for January 2015

I've been fighting off the acute PAD attack I've been having, but I love the stem on this unsmoked NOS (stored since store closed in 1990) mini (total length: 4 inches) meerschaum, I've been wanting a meer, the eagle is cool, hopefully it's not too short, and I am interested in small bowls...and it was $11 with free shipping.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Shave Rat, what kind of lighter is that?

Kiribi Ohgi

I loved the IM Corona Old Boy look and such, but the last couple of years lots of reports said the quality was declining, the warranty was now a limited 2 year one, and the customer service was suffering since the company was under new owners, so I went searching for something else. Another member mentioned they had that one, so I looked into it. Built with better parts, some new innovations, and the same warranty as the Old Boy, with a hair lower price point. I called it a win. :)

Looks like you gentlemen are off to the races early in the new year. Lots of great stuff there. Great price on the Meer, CC. Nice lighter, SR. KWilliams is sporting another fine pipe, too. Nice way to kick off 2015.

I gotta stop trolling eBay, it's exacerbating my PAD. Scored this lot for $13.50 shipped, mainly for the bulldog but I do like how shiny the exteriors are on the billiard and apple (so just ream/clean and they're done), and that leather-clad one is interesting.

proxy.php

I gotta stop trolling eBay, it's exacerbating my PAD. Scored this lot for $13.50 shipped, mainly for the bulldog but I do like how shiny the exteriors are on the billiard and apple (so just ream/clean and they're done), and that leather-clad one is interesting.

proxy.php

I would love to see a profile pic of that stubby. Odds are, I'd be getting a new stem put onto that one. lol

Ask and ye shall receive.
proxy.php

Good eye, it's a lot more interesting from that view. And yeah, I wasn't too excited about that one because of the stem...and I'm not into short pipes.

Ask and ye shall receive.
proxy.php

Good eye, it's a lot more interesting from that view. And yeah, I wasn't too excited about that one because of the stem...and I'm not into short pipes.

Ah, I am into the small and shorter ones, and that one is awesome. Any idea of the brand/make so I can try to track one down? Like I said, that would be getting a new stem for sure. lol

Ah, I am into the small and shorter ones, and that one is awesome. Any idea of the brand/make so I can try to track one down? Like I said, that would be getting a new stem for sure. lol

Photos don't show entire shank, visible parts only say "imported" and "briar", and listing had no text description. When it comes in I'll see what I can find out.

So, a few weeks ago, I sent a few pipes which just weren't getting smoked in to smokingpipes, and they gave me a very fair (I think) sum of store credit, a portion of which went to fund this guy...

$DSCF1879.jpg

I've always liked the L'Anatra Pettinate series, and I'd had my eye on this one, which made it to my door today. :thumbup:

The rest of my credit (about 80% of it) was dropped today on what will likely be a once-in-a-lifetime buy for me. Should be here in a week.

Top Bottom