What's new

Tobacquisitions for January 2015

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Its hilarious that they repeated the mistake, but at least the pipe is a winner. Good for you.
Having received the same pipe twice, I have to assume the mistake is in the picture on the website. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get the one I originally wanted, but I'm happy with this one.

4noggins order:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last week I got a Bjarne Viking Copenhagen Sandblast from P&C, but I had to return it because it wasn't the one I wanted. Today I received the replacement.

View attachment 544403

Look familiar? That's the same one I sent back. Since I was having major regrets about sending the other one back, I'm just going to hang on to this one. I've already called P&C and let them know their pictures are screwed up, so hopefully they can avoid any more confusion.
Which shape # did you order? I love the looks of that pipe and might have to order one!

Instantly doubled my cellar yesterday by someone
deciding to quit smoking giving me their entire
stash. I now have about 50 pounds of tobacco.
the bigger jars below are 24oz. Mason jars.

Low Born Supply( @lowbornsupply on IG) tamper.

proxy.php

Ruff Works ( @rufflife on IG)purpleheart tamper.

proxy.php

Boswell's .410 shotshell tamper and 4oz of Dan's Blend.

proxy.php

Curse me as a despicable peasant if you must, but I enjoy Missouri Meerschaums. Recently purchased these two.
(factory photos)
$cobbit_shire_corn_cob_pipe.jpg$cobbit_wizard_corn_cob_pipe.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nobody will curse you here. Plenty of MM cob lovers on this board. Me included. Welcome aboard!
Yep, I have several for when I am working outside and don't want to risk messing up a Tinsky. They smoke fairly well

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Curse me as a despicable peasant if you must, but I enjoy Missouri Meerschaums.
No curses around these parts. Whenever a prospective pipe-smoker comes in saying they want to try it out, and what kind of pipe should they get, 95% of the responses are: "Missouri Meerschaum." I have yet to get my hands on any of those Cobbits, but they're on my list.

Not sure where those came from, but I got some churchwarden stems for my cobs from Walker Briar Works..

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/-forever-_stems.html

Walker Briar Works does have some awesome stems (vulcanite and lucite) and I own several. As caveman said though, the new cobbits from MM come with vulcanite stems.

!! EDIT !! - Got these in the mail today. The finish on the stems is much different than in the pictures. The larger stem is dull (not a big deal) but the smaller one has mold lines all the way around. A bit disappointing. Regardless, the bowls look great as always.

Last edited:
Walker Briar Works does have some awesome stems (vulcanite and lucite) and I own several. As caveman said though, the new cobbits from MM come with vulcanite stems.

!! EDIT !! - Got these in the mail today. The finish on the stems is much different than in the pictures. The larger stem is dull (not a big deal) but the smaller one has mold lines all the way around. A bit disappointing. Regardless, the bowls look great as always.

While I have no doubt that for the price the MM factory churchwardens are completely functional and well made, you can see then the difference between them and Walker's offerings. Walkers make their stems to be able to use them for a lifetime, changing out the bowls as needed. The MM stems are almost "disposable" so when the bowl has hit it's end of life, you replace the entire thing.

Top Bottom