What's new

Feather Blades a Tiger? More like a kitten!

Well, I have been DE shaving for about 2 months now and slowly working my way through a blade sample pack that I bought my second week in. During that time all I have heard is how sharp the Feather Blades are and that they should be handled with extreme care. So frankly, I was afraid to try them as I was certain it would end in massive blood shed and possibly a trip to the emergency room for stitches.

Anyway, last night, I decided to unleash the beast and face my fears. I performed my usual pre-shave routine, lathered up with some Razorock Mudder Focker, and with trembling hands loaded a Feather into my Gillette Slim and set the dial at 7. After a few deep breaths to steady my nerves I set about the task of shaving. What a surprise those first few blade strokes were; they were the smoothest passes I have experienced in my short wet shaving life. After WTG & XTG passes I reset the Slim to 4 and did a final ATG pass, which is my normal process. Resulting in an overall DFS (almost BBS). Even now, almost 13 hours later, still a DFS.

Prior to this I was certain that the Gillette Silver/Blue was going to be my blade of choice. But now I understand why the Feather has such a strong following. I just may be a new minion.

After wet shaving for 7 months. I finally tried the feather in my muhle 89 grande. No nicks, weapers, burns, but pretty close to BBS. Did my 2nd shave with it crazy smooth. Almost felt like I didn't have a blade in there.

Respect is what it's all about. They will never cut you due to the blade not being keen enough, but if your technique slips up, you will know.

No blade should cut you if it's a quality blade set properly in an undamaged quality razor.

Im a believer that the vast majority of cuts and nicks, blodletting, ripping, shredding and other horror stories are due to the user and not their tools.

Congrats on finding out the Feathers are pretty darn good blades.

Top Bottom