What's new

Texas Red Chili Recipe

Did a quick sweep of the grocery store and they have dried ancho peppers. If I want other varieties it appears I will have to find a specially or ethnic store. My friend who's hosting the Super Bowl party is very excited to try Texas Red. As am I, and equally excited to make it!

Happy birthday, Aaron! 25? Just a youngster. [emoji2]

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did a quick sweep of the grocery store and they have dried ancho peppers. If I want other varieties it appears I will have to find a specially or ethnic store. My friend who's hosting the Super Bowl party is very excited to try Texas Red. As am I, and equally excited to make it!

I have tried ancho and ancho with guajillos. I preferred the anchos by themselves

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Stephen, anchos will work. And, ah It's not my birthday...yet...and my age is more like 25X2 or 5X10, 1X50...take your pick. YA'll missed the :hand:

Yeah, he's just a young pup.

I was 25 once...well, I think about 30 times.

I'm more like Old Yeller. :tongue_sm

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
And, ah It's not my birthday...yet...and my age is more like 25X2 or 5X10, 1X50. YA'll missed the :hand:

I'm more like Old Yeller. :tongue_sm

Ah...somehow...deep down inside...I knew that. :lol:

And as for the chili competition...you know that according to B&B rules and regulations...pics. or it didn't happen. :thumbup:

As for Old Yeller...I had a couple of stray black mouth curs a few years ago that wandered up out here, male and female fully growed. I might see if I can dig up some old pictures.

They could be hell on wheels.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ah...somehow...deep down inside...I knew that. :lol:

And as for the chili competition...you know that according to B&B rules and regulations...pics. or it didn't happen. :thumbup:

As for Old Yeller...I had a couple of stray black mouth curs a few years ago that wandered up out here, male and female fully growed. I might see if I can dig up some old pictures.

They could be hell on wheels.

Simon, How did you know? Was it the wisdom of my posts? :laugh:

As for pictures of the cook-off. If I go and compete and don't take any pictures there will be heck to pay when I get back. Especially if I win a prize. The guys around here are mean when you forget the pics. I just hope it doesn't rain.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
As long as you have a cover for the pot so the Chili does not get watered down, rain should not be a issue.
Photos on the other hand must be supplied regardless of the weather. Time to get yourself a selfie stick young man. :lol:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Simon, How did you know? Was it the wisdom of my posts? :laugh:

Yes, it was. A 25 year old doesn't have the post content that you have.

As for my name...it's Mike.

That knocks your wisdom down a peg or two. :lol:

The old yeller thing got me thinkin'. I've been thinkin' about a puppy...had Boston Terrier as a kid, had the beautiful Husky that's in my profile...but I'm seriously thinkin' about a black mouth cur puppy.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes, it was. A 25 year old doesn't have the post content that you have.

As for my name...it's Mike.

That knocks your wisdom down a peg or two. :lol:

The old yeller thing got me thinkin'. I've been thinkin' about a puppy...had Boston Terrier as a kid, had the beautiful Husky that's in my profile...but I'm seriously thinkin' about a black mouth cur puppy.

Simon, I knew it was Mike, Mike :blink:...now that's corrected.

Cur dog? Do you mean like the old southern Saying, "flat lying Cur dog?"

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
As long as you have a cover for the pot so the Chili does not get watered down, rain should not be a issue.
Photos on the other hand must be supplied regardless of the weather. Time to get yourself a selfie stick young man. :lol:

The wife had to explain the selfie stick to me. lol. I guess I'll just have to wear my cowboy hat.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Cur dog? Do you mean like the old southern Saying, "flat lying Cur dog?"

It's a breed; what Old Yeller was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mouth_Cur

proxy.php

The two that "owned" me would see a deer in the pasture and take off like rockets after it, chasing it into the woods and be gone for awhile. They can be ornery.

Top Bottom