What's new

Got my waterman phileas today.

Used, so. I took off the nib and started soaking it in RO water, and then flushing it for a long time until it was pretty clear.
Dried it off and the bottle of waterman ink that came with it was pretty full, like not used more than once, so i took the cartridge and filled it up and away I went.

So damn impressed with the way it writes, smooth and no skips.

Tomorrow i will take pics of the cpl pens i have loaded with some writing samples and the diff inks and differences , but for now im just impressed with the pen, makes me want to get another.

I picked up a Phileas recently as well. I agree--it is really a nice writer, especially for the price. I've only run one fill through it but am looking forward to its next turn in the rotation.

That's a great pen, and I agree that it's a shame they were discontinued. The Kultur is basically a Phileas Demonstrator (translucent or clear parts). They can be had for about $20 if you don't mind the chrome hardware, instead of gold plated. I actually prefer the chrome appointments.

-Andy

My second pen was a Phileas - red marbled with a fine nib. Loved that pen. Then I lost it at work back in January. :( At that time USED replacements were going on ebay for up to $200 and starting about $75. I passed. Fortunately, in December 2012 I picked up a black one with a medium nib NOS on the FPN classifieds for <$50 shipped. Wasn't the same though. I had had the red one for over a decade (more like a dozen or so years) Don't know if was the fine nib or what that was causing the ridiculous pricing at the time.

I hope you enjoy yours.

Last edited:
Well. Fp ad i hope is under control. I got my waterman expert in black laquer in and rinsed it clear last night, will fill it today and take a pic. Still have a cpl in the mail , hope they make it.

Top Bottom