What's new

Check Out New Containers Fro Grant's Golden Pomade

Gents, this is one water based pomade I have been threatening to buy/try for a long while. I freely admit to being a sucker for old school and nostalgic looking packaging. And Grant's aluminium tins did not disappoint. However, I was searching around the web for them today looking for a Christmas sale and noticed that many images of them showed a jar with metal lid rather than tins. So I went to their web site and found a blog blurb from September announcing the change. It is decent looking but not as cool as the tins. The mentioned it was tough to deal with the aluminum tins(damage I suspect) and that is was copied some. I kind of agree with that. While the old school grease cookers always tended toward tins the water based stuff always tended to plastic jars or similar. Until recently that is when things like Prospector turned up. Just interesting. No real complaint I am just a sucker for tins.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Todd, I have no direct experience with Grant's pomades but they have a very respectable reputation among water based fans, who generally consider them solid, reliable products. I agree with you, the new tins are wonderful because of their nostalgic, vintage look. The latest Special Edition pomades I got from Murray's are, in this sense, the epitome of cool, classic and Old School. The Superior Vintage, in particular, is an EXACT copy of the original pomade of 1926: same tin, same formula, same scent!

Indeed Marco, your pomade assortment is just about as cool as anything I have seen. The one thing I believe the pomade makers have over the other various toiletry makers is top shelf nostalgic graphics and containers. Murray's and Sweet Georgia Brown are about the epitome of retro cool.

I really like the new containers! I am normally a Murrays and Dixie Peach guy but I am going to have to try these out, hopefully they work a little better for my hair than Reuzel water based did.

I found similar experience with the aluminum cans for my pomade. A minor drop renders a tin un-sellable and can be hard to open if you need a dollup more and you're hands are still greasy from the first application. I've just switched this week and I like the look but it doesn't have that nostalgic look for sure! Mine are oil based and haven't had much luck with water based.

View attachment 531882
Todd, I have no direct experience with Grant's pomades but they have a very respectable reputation among water based fans, who generally consider them solid, reliable products. I agree with you, the new tins are wonderful because of their nostalgic, vintage look. The latest Special Edition pomades I got from Murray's are, in this sense, the epitome of cool, classic and Old School. The Superior Vintage, in particular, is an EXACT copy of the original pomade of 1926: same tin, same formula, same scent!
Yes it is and I love it....

Attachments

• $IMG_3628.jpg
    $IMG_3628.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom