What's new

Wife's 50th Birthday

If you haven't already decided to get her a spa day, you should. Also, if you know any of her friends ask them if they'd like to tag along (keep it secret); buy 2-3 additional passes at the spa. Let your wife relax with her friends for the day and then take her out to dinner afterwards. Happy birthday!

If you haven't already decided to get her a spa day, you should. Also, if you know any of her friends ask them if they'd like to tag along (keep it secret); buy 2-3 additional passes at the spa. Let your wife relax with her friends for the day and then take her out to dinner afterwards. Happy birthday!

She has lots of gift certs from past years for spas lying around. She's just doesn't like spa days. And she only has one good friend who is always busy.

Now if they had a spa were you could take your dog then. Maybe.

How did the house hunt work out?

The one she really wanted turned out to be to big and need lots of work.

There is one she is still considering and wants to discuss.

When I was out shopping for her gift I ran into a friend of hers and she offered to help pick something out. She just turned 50 a few months ago.

This is what we picked.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416119913.520506.jpg

People want real money for houses in Marquette.

Further east around Munising.

I ask because I have a friend who has some business contacts at an air base somewhere near Marquette. They have condos they are practically giving away. They offered him 8 units for $5 grand last time he was up there. I figured it was a long shot that they were anywhere near where you needed to be, but as the UP rarely comes up in conversation here in OK, I felt I couldn't ignore the coincidence.

Good luck to you sir.

PS - how did the birthday go?

I ask because I have a friend who has some business contacts at an air base somewhere near Marquette. They have condos they are practically giving away. They offered him 8 units for $5 grand last time he was up there. I figured it was a long shot that they were anywhere near where you needed to be, but as the UP rarely comes up in conversation here in OK, I felt I couldn't ignore the coincidence.

Good luck to you sir.

PS - how did the birthday go?

That's pretty scary that they would go that cheap.

The house she looked at needs a lot of work so it will be going to Habitat.

Once the polar ice caps melt it might be warm enough to retire there but the ice didn't melt on lake till July.

I think they over built at one point and then numbers got cut at the base so now there is tons of housing just sitting empty. Crazy, huh?

I think they over built at one point and then numbers got cut at the base so now there is tons of housing just sitting empty. Crazy, huh?

Where exactly are they?

Not being from up that way I don't know what base is around there.

But empty condos mean high assessments.

How about those new golf clubs you've always wanted, maybe a bowling ball

I have never bought a bowling ball. I used to bowl a lot in junior high. Never really good at it.

Golf clubs I have two sets. One for each time I golfed. Thought it would be something I would do living in AZ and all. I live so close to a golf course I could hit the green from my house if I could hit a ball straight for 400 yards.

Just not good enough to keep at it.

What I would really like to get her is a lift for the garage.
Then I could change her brakes standing up.

Top Bottom