What's new

Who wants to 3017 an MdC brain bowl?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The bowls are 175g right? Two years is possible, but I expect most people would get closer to one year out of it. A couple guys measured their usage in a thread awhile back, and I want to say it was around half a gram per.

The jars are 200 grams, the brain bowl is 230.

Cheers, Steve

For my current 3017 project I'm working on a homemade MdC Fougere brain bowl right now. Fougere isn't offered in optional containers. I like the looks of the brain bowl, and my MdC is Fougere. I was browsing ebay and found one that's very similar in shape and dimension to the Original MdC wooden bowl, and it happens it was hand made from Myrtle wood in Coos Bay, Oregon. Starting out a couple of weeks ago, the soap alone weighed 217 grams. I am an everyday shaver. It seems the rate of usage with the same brush every day has somewhat stabilized around 2.5g per shave. That amount takes about 20 seconds to load, and it makes a rich and abundant lather. It'll be exhausted around mid-to-late January (3 months from now) at this rate. All of the blarney about some guys making it last well over a year is pure speculation. My hard water requires loading the brush more than just a passing glance. Twenty seconds is not a long time.

Attachments

• $Martin de Candre Fougere from jar to brain bowl.jpg
    $Martin de Candre Fougere from jar to brain bowl.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 152
  • $Martin de Candre soap only.jpg
    $Martin de Candre soap only.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 152
  • $Martin de Candre in the new bowl.jpg
    $Martin de Candre in the new bowl.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 151
  • $Martin de Candre Fougere Brain Bowl.jpg
    $Martin de Candre Fougere Brain Bowl.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 150
This sounds like a challenge I would take on and as long as I liked the product I think I could pull it off, but I would not try until I had no other products in my possession to avoid temptation. Which means in approximately 5 years or so when my stash is depleted I will give it a try :). I won't resurrect this thread though.

I do have 5 tubes of Nivea and I'm tempted to push through them all in one go - starting in January.

Ya it is probably the most insane 3017 challenge out there, hands down. Who has what it takes to 3017 the biggest amount of an already super concentrated soap?

Hmm…interesting.
One could not then confound the M in the signature.

Last edited:
After some thought, I've decide to 3017 my new bowl of MDC received three weeks ago.

Below is a pic, of the amalgamation of my recent brain bowl order and existing stock which was about 10 percent left of an unscented jar. Thus according to my calculations about 250g in total pictured. Here we go….

$P1000569.jpg

Top Bottom