What's new

Who wants to 3017 an MdC brain bowl?

Ya it is probably the most insane 3017 challenge out there, hands down. Who has what it takes to 3017 the biggest amount of an already super concentrated soap?

$3373d6324e5f7270bcfe97f29b2cfc2f_zps655c868d.jpg

I tried and didn't even come close to getting the soap below the bowl's brim. That was roughly 35 shaves - twice a week from Nov to April.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
By the way, since there is no lid do the brain bowls lose their scent quite a bit? Because I love the MdC original scent and if I eventually get a bowl I don't want the scent to fade.

By the way, since there is no lid do the brain bowls lose their scent quite a bit? Because I love the MdC original scent and if I eventually get a bowl I don't want the scent to fade.

MdC does not lose it's scent. In fact, it is recommended (by MdC) that when you start to use it, you leave the lid off. The lid is just used for travel. MdC loves to breath.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

I'm under the impression there's more variation with batches than anything else, and over the past year and a half or so, the scents have gotten fainter. My brain bowl is much fainter than last year's glass jar, but it's also a slightly different scent.

But the short answer is probably yes if you don't use it frequently. If you do, you're always uncovering new soap.

And I'm with Joe, I like it and use it, but I also like variety.

Cheers, Steve

MdC does not lose it's scent. In fact, it is recommended (by MdC) that when you start to use it, you leave the lid off. The lid is just used for travel. MdC loves to breath.
I thought that recommendation was meant to increase the mileage of the jar by allowing the soap to fully dry.

Hahaha no thanks I heard that MdC is like Dr Selby, takes forever to wear it down since it is so concentrated. I am sure that would literally take 2 years of daily shaving.

The bowls are 175g right? Two years is possible, but I expect most people would get closer to one year out of it. A couple guys measured their usage in a thread awhile back, and I want to say it was around half a gram per.

A jar will last me a year but I usually use it 5 days a week and another soap twice a week so I will pass...nice challenge though and good luck to anyone that attempts to 3017 the bowl!

The bowls are 175g right? Two years is possible, but I expect most people would get closer to one year out of it. A couple guys measured their usage in a thread awhile back, and I want to say it was around half a gram per.

It is 230g.

Top Bottom