What's new

Favorite Progress Setting?

Favorite Progess Setting?

• Under 1

• 5+

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seems the progress is a widely liked razor but not talked about too much. I was wondering what is your favorite setting? Assuming a 1 is tightened to the lowest setting and then pressure released slightly.

Usually 4, sometimes 5 but mostly use it set to 4.

I find it extremely efficient and smooth, it's no secret that I prefer OC razors, but the Progress is a superb shaver.

been turning mine down to 1, 1.5 for face, and then a negative setting for the upper lip. im an unfortunate one with ridiculously sensitive skin.

I like my Mergress, but my daily razor is the R41. When I use my Mergress its set to 5, probably because Im used to an aggressive razor.

I've managed to go up to 3 and still have a comfy shave. Haven't dared to go higher than that though. I start at 2 and all other passes are at 3.

My Mergress has turned out to be my 'go to' razor as of late. Provides a truly comfortable, super smooth, and irritation free shave. My setting; a relatively mild 2.

Just a reminder; the Progress isn't really calibrated properly. The setting of "3," for example, on one Progress may be completely different from the same setting on a different Progress.

Mergresses should all be approximately the same.

I have to say that I have been shaving with my Mergress for about the past week or so; I like to set it at about 4 for the first pass, and then dial it down to about 2.75 or 3 for the second pass.

My first razor. At first, I used it set to 1-2. After a few months I found I could comfortably shave at 4.5-5, and get an extremely smooth and close shave. It is still a favorite! Congrats, you have a keeper!

Top Bottom