What's new

Non popular favorite blade

How many of you have a favorite blade that isn't one of the big names ie Astra, feather, derby. Or one that is generally not liked by most people. And what is it? I have taken a liking to 7am plus platinum.

Last edited:
None. These nerds on here pretty much know them all.

Better question is "hated blades that you love?"

I really can't find anything online or anywhere that has not been mentioned here. I've only been at this for a year.

Maybe not my favorite blade but one that shaves very well for me is the Treet Platinum blade. I get a very close shave and the blades are very reasonably priced.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I wasn't that impressed with Treet Platinum, but Treet Durasharp carbon is great for the money.

I wasn't that impressed with Treet Platinum, but Treet Durasharp carbon is great for the money.

+1

The Treet DuraSharp is the best value blade on the market. Maybe not quite as smooth as a Voskhod. Maybe not quite as sharp as a Polsilver. But a remarkably good blade at an incredibly cheap price.

Sharks aren't really hated, just don't get as much love as some others here. I have found them to work pretty well for me.

I used a Schick Krona Stainless Steel that I got from an antique store. It was great. Anybody know where I can get more or a similar blade.

ASCO Red by Lord. I find them very good for 4 shaves.

proxy.php

Sharks aren't really hated, just don't get as much love as some others here. I have found them to work pretty well for me.

Shark Super Stainless were just ok for me, but the Super Chromes really seem to like my face and vise versa. The Chromes have been one of the best I have tried. Right up there with GSBs for smoothness and maybe even a bit better for longevity. Lots of guys will say just the opposite. It seems to be very much a YMMV thing. If you have tried one but not the other, it may be worth a shot. They truly are VERY different blades. I wish more guys would post which one they're referring to instead of just saying Sharks. If I had tried only the SS, I'd be knocking Sharks like so many others do.

For me, Racer blades are surprisingly good, especially so when considering their very low price.
I don't feel like I'm sacrificing any quality at all in using them as opposed to the other more costly blades I have on hand.
I get great sharpness and longevity from them just like I get from the higher cost blades that I own and use.

For me it's a Kai. I got a 5 pack in a sample order and waited to long to try them. The life I get on these blades is incredible. At least 10 BBS shaves. The down side of the blade is the cost. Almost twice as a feather. They could be worth the money though.

For me it's a Kai. I got a 5 pack in a sample order and waited to long to try them. The life I get on these blades is incredible. At least 10 BBS shaves. The down side of the blade is the cost. Almost twice as a feather. They could be worth the money though.

Talk about YMMV! Those things chewed my face up like a bulldog on a ham hock!!

Top Bottom