What's new

A Gift from a Friend

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Chris(cleanshaved),

I got your package in today's mail. Thank you for the great gifts. I'll put all of them to work doing some really good honest cooking and eating. My favorites are hot sauces. I'm always on the look out for the next best thing. In the coming days I'll be trying them out and report back. Below is a picture of the booty.

$IMG_0395.jpg

So, have a drink on me:

Hopefully your package from me will arrive sometime before New Years Day. Cross your fingers and say a little prayer that you get it all in one piece.

Thanks again my friend.

Your Mate,
Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Good to hear it made it safe and sound.
Have a look at the back of the Firedragon Chili - Deadly chili sauce at the type and amount of chili.................
hope you enjoy them.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I read that. I like them extreme, medium and mild. Lately it's been more mild. For Christmas I gave my brother about 20 different hot sauces. The hot sauce with bacon was one of his favorites. The hot sauce with a necklace and a skull on the end was the hottest.

The wife will be thrilled for the honey. All good choices.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't want to give too much detail away but I would not say it is extreme as they do have hotter.
It says 10/10 for hotness but I think they have one 10+++/10. They must use the Jnat grading system :lol:

Glad there is something in there for the wife.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I couldn't stand it...I opened them all and tasted each one. The WAHA WERA:thumbup: Sweet and savory hot. The rest are also awesome. Too bad I ran out of sardines to give them a real go.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Congrats Aaron and major kudos to Chris!
Thanks August but the credit for this must go to Aaron.
Aaron was the one who rasied the what can I send you PIF, that you can not get in NZ that will help with cooking.
A very kind and generous deed and I am still blow away by the offer.
It just felt right to return the favour with a taste of Aotearoa.

again Thanks Aaron :thumbup:

Thanks August but the credit for this must go to Aaron.
Aaron was the one who rasied the what can I send you PIF, that you can not get in NZ that will help with cooking.
A very kind and generous deed and I am still blow away by the offer.
It just felt right to return the favour with a taste of Aotearoa.

again Thanks Aaron :thumbup:

The B&B spirit is alive and well in both of you.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Congrats Aaron and major kudos to Chris!

A great exchange among members is always a good thing...and it doesn't necessarily have to be shaving equipment. Chris is in New Zealand and I'm in Texas. Shipping can be dicey and we now know that it's works one way...hoping the other is just as good.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I couldn't stand it...I opened them all and tasted each one. The WAHA WERA:thumbup: Sweet and savory hot. The rest are also awesome. Too bad I ran out of sardines to give them a real go.

The Waha Wera (translates to "hot mouth") by Kaitaia Fire is the one I wanted to send the most. It is not what you expect, well not what I expected for something with a kiwifruit base. I read the ingredients the other day for the first time and I see it has some Manuka honey in it. nice.

you are as bad as me. If I get a new hot sauce it gets tasted as soon as I get home with it.
I nomally just pour a little in the palm of my hand for a taste test, guess I a bit of a bogan.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well...all of them are going to keep more warm this winter. Now I've got to make something to put them on...it never ends.:laugh:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I found this video review for one of the Chili sauces.
Do you eat your chili by the spoon? LOL

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The more I learn about New Zealand the more frightened I become. :laugh:

edit: on second thoughts I will not refer you to that watch any of that movie.

Hey The All Blacks are playing the USA Eagles on the 1st of November in Chicago. That should be a good game.

Some like it hot. He's one crazzy Kiwi
Be afraid be very afraid.....................

edit: on second thoughts I will not refer you to that watch any of that movie.

Hey The All Blacks are playing the USA Eagles on the 1st of November in Chicago. That should be a good game.

Some like it hot. He's one crazzy Kiwi
Be afraid be very afraid.....................

:w00t:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ha I'm with you. I'd have to try it. What is that Johnny Cash song . . . Burn burn burn . . . ring of fire???

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Aaron, I have just got home and would like to except your Chili challenge but there is something more pressing I must take care of first............
now where is my spoon.

Edit: I need some Chili to take care of what is in front of me. I got this bottle just one week before sending your package.

$20141031_160230.jpg

Now I have excepted your challenge and will raise you one spoon of

$20141031_160343.jpg

yip that's right Aaron what a great day it is. I will pick myself up off the floor and post more soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom