What's new

What's a cream you tried that you just didn't like?

I've retired all TOBS except for Grapefruit, which I love. And I kicked two tubes of Coates to the curb. Rose and Lavender, both to me, I stress, fake and nasty and lousy performers. So much good stuff out there that I love; no regrets hiding stinkers under the sink.

Derby , it lathers fine but dries me out. Proraso green , can't get it to lather. Sheamoisture , nuff said.

I bought a tub of TOBS Sandalwood that I sold before even trying it. Smell was horrible. Then I went ahead and bought a tube of TOBS Avocado. The scent was quite nice, but the cream was all runny, and not at all like the cream from the tub. Performance was a big disappointment!

I also got the Nivea cream, and didn't expect it to be particularly good, as I have seen so many rave reviews of TOBS, but hadn't seen much about Nivea. Well, it really caught me by surprise. Much, much better than the TOBS cream! I honestly don't understand what the fuss is about with TOBS.

I'll add Trumper GFT to my list, I couldn't get into this scent. I liked the scents for Proraso Blue & Red but the performance was a little lacking for me. AOS is another one, great scents but I did not like the consistency.

Almost all of the TOBS line, believe it or not. They performed well, but the scents did not appeal to me in the least. Of all of them, Jermyn Street is about the only one I'd consider bringing into my rotation. The rest are at various places along the ambivalent-to-dislike spectrum.

Good performers, unappealing scents. YMMV.

TOBS Avocado (irritation+scent)
Nivea Mild (scent)
Palmolive Classic (irritation)
Proraso Red (scent)
Wilkinson Sword (scent)

Probably some more that I've forgot about.

TOBS jeremy for sensitive skin, tried twice - with heavy and light stubble. No bueno!

CO Bigelow, same result. No bueno!

would love to trade but thats a different thread.

I know this will shock some, but, although I have not bought a cream I absolutely hate, my least favorite I have is Castle Forbes Lavender.

Top Bottom