What's new

Have you tried this cream?

I just ordered some Speick shaving cream today and I never tried it. Would someone who has tried it please give me some feedback on it. I know it got good reviews on Amazon but I want to hear firsthand from the B&B crowd what it is like. Thanks guys.

speick.jpg

It's really great shaving cream. Good value for the money. All natural ingredients, no nasty chemicals. Contains some beeswax. The scent is a spicy lavender with the speick plant extract. A little goes a long way with this cream and it can absorb a good bit of water when lathering.

In Germany, it can be found for around 3 or 4 euros, so a bit better value there.

It is pretty highly regarded and popular. I tried it. It was OK. I think I gave it to my son. I'm really like Proraso Green and Blue in the tube.

Love the smell
but performance for me its about the same as the other mainstream creams which is just OK
For me other soaps are far better (Noble Otter, SV, TOBS etc...)

the old YMMV of course :)

Speick shaving products are a classic in the wetshaving community. My favorite product from them is their aftershave splash. The shaving stick and cream are also very good.

Great stuff. I keep a tube in my travel kit because it works really well even without a brush. Indeed, so well that I have never tried lathering it, preferring to apply by hand and then work in some water by hand.

It's due in on Thursday. I can't wait to try it.
I like creams when I'm in a hurry. They seem to take less time and trouble. But my first choice is a shave stick for making lather.

I've had best results face lathering with the Speick cream. It's quick. I use a small amount, maybe the size of a pinto bean. Just apply a thin film to the wet face and hit it with the brush. You'll need to add a bit of water two or three times and you should have enough lather for two or three passes.

I've had best results face lathering with the Speick cream. It's quick. I use a small amount, maybe the size of a pinto bean. Just apply a thin film to the wet face and hit it with the brush. You'll need to add a bit of water two or three times and you should have enough lather for two or three passes.
When I use a cream from a tube, I put about a 1/2 inch. into my lather bowl and use my brush to whip up a good lather.

ATT Windsor Pro.JPG

I got my tube of Speick in today and tried it for the first time. It's as good as any other cream I have ever used. It does not take much product to get plenty of lather. Usually when I use a cream that comes in a tube like this, I put about a 1/2 inch into the lather bowl and go from there. With this cream a half inch is too much.
It works great. This Speick is definitely a keeper. It will always be in my rotation.

One of my favorites. But then again I like everything I’ve tried from Speick. I prefer the tallow stick over the cream though

Great stuff and very concentrated, I use half the amount than when I use Proraso and get the same amount of quality lather. Speick is a better performer in my opinion, scent, performance, and post-shave feel.

Top Bottom