What's new

getting better. :

I wanted to update all you gents on my progress. Ive been using my EJ 89 for about a month now, and wanted to let you gents know that my shaves and discomfort and burn/bumps are imrpoving.
You all said it would happen and it is.
Im having more luck with creams than soap, probably bexause of lack of technique with the soaps. Cant seem to get the lather i can with creams.
Figuring out what works for me.with storing my razor and blade. For me i cleam and separate them.
Started a shave yesterday after leaving the blade in (2nd shave on the blade) and it started tugging (astra SP), so i switched the blade and it mowed my beard down. Not sure if it was just a chance happening with that one blade doing that after one shave, but just to be safe im considering only using the blades once. Next time ill try reloading the same blade to see if leaving it separate helped.
Also, i dip the head into alcohol after cleaning, and was wondering if that can degrade either the finish or whatever coating is on the blades?
12 hours later and still smooth!!

I have been dipping my blades in rubbing alcohol for years. I use it to be sure no water remains on the blade when I put it back in the razor.

I have never tried it on a gold plated razor, however.

Top Bottom