What's new

Is it bad that ive never tried Tabac?

Ive had at least 30 soaps and creams over the past 7 months but never have tried tabac. It gets alot of praise but seems to slip my mind. I really enjoy Barrister and Mann, Mikes, Soap commander, Tiki, Cold river. I have Rustic mahogany and fougere noir on deck that just came in as well as some Caties Bubbles LPV.

Looks like were in similar situation as far as Tabac is concerned. I've actually read more negative than positive comments regarding its scent.

Nope. I've never tried it. Bought some new, opened it, smelled it, sold it. That being said, I just bought some off the BST because I started feeling guilty for at least not giving it a shot. I'll try it one cold weekend this winter when I know I won't be going out and about, lol.

I kept hearing about it, so I toddled across the street to the mall and gave it the sniff test. I couldn't believe just how much I hated it. So now I can ignore it with a clear conscience. But I admit that I don't like maybe 90% of the scents out there. Odd, but there you are; nothing is more YMMV than scent.

Ive had at least 30 soaps and creams over the past 7 months but never have tried tabac. It gets alot of praise but seems to slip my mind. I really enjoy Barrister and Mann, Mikes, Soap commander, Tiki, Cold river. I have Rustic mahogany and fougere noir on deck that just came in as well as some Caties Bubbles LPV.

Of course there's no need to try (or like) Tabac ... there are enough soaps for every taste.

You don't have to try it, I have it and personally like it (Have the AS to) to me it has a very light fresh soapy smell if that makes sense, the puck will last me a super long time as I rotate soaps but I have been on the Tabacoctober thing so been using it for the whole month and barely have put a dent in it.

Hahahaha. Whats the scent like? Seems like i remember it has some tobacco notes?

Nope. No tobacco notes. "TABAC" is a misnomer. People assume, tobacco, but notice it is spelled in all caps, so it's an acronym:

Terrible
Aroma
But
Always
Creamy

Great creamy lather (from what I've read), but horrid smell.

It's very powdery. Imagine a slightly (very slightly) more masculine version of a powdery (old) woman's perfume. There you go.

I've heard so many bad things about the scent but unrelenting praise on the quality of the lather, I finally broke down and bought myself the ceramic tub of it... not gonna lie, really hope I'm one of the lot that enjoy the scent.

Great performer, but did not like the scent at first also. The scent grew on me and now have the AS. It is one now that I even sneak a sniff even if not shaving with it. Love it and will always be in my den.

Top Bottom