What's new

Greeting from Tennesee

First post!

I first heard about DE safety razors and wet shaving about 5 months ago and I've toyed with the idea of trying it out ever since. My primary motivation is to save a little money (currently using expensive Gillette fusion cartridges) but also because I think it is very cool in a manly/retro sort of way. I've done a fair amount of casual reading on this forum and others over the past few months. I finally pulled the trigger when I saw a recent den cleanout thread with a lightly used EJ89lbl for sale at a very reasonable price. Since then I've been very excited about getting started. Today I came home from work to find that a package had come in the mail. It was just my first batch of razors (supermax platinums based on some recommendations for a cheap but reasonable and consistent blade) but it got me very excited about all the other stuff coming soon in the mail (including the EJ89, a Cade Plisson brush, and a box of Arko). You can see from my choices I'm a bit budget conscious (for now). My plan is to stick with one kit for several weeks (months?) to get my technique down before branching out. Thanks to all who participate here and share in the camaraderie/brotherhood.

Welcome from a fellow Tennessean! You are in for a treat. Sounds like you've got some great gear already. Enjoy the Arko. It is a great soap!

First post!

I first heard about DE safety razors and wet shaving about 5 months ago and I've toyed with the idea of trying it out ever since. My primary motivation is to save a little money (currently using expensive Gillette fusion cartridges) but also because I think it is very cool in a manly/retro sort of way. I've done a fair amount of casual reading on this forum and others over the past few months. I finally pulled the trigger when I saw a recent den cleanout thread with a lightly used EJ89lbl for sale at a very reasonable price. Since then I've been very excited about getting started. Today I came home from work to find that a package had come in the mail. It was just my first batch of razors (supermax platinums based on some recommendations for a cheap but reasonable and consistent blade) but it got me very excited about all the other stuff coming soon in the mail (including the EJ89, a Cade Plisson brush, and a box of Arko). You can see from my choices I'm a bit budget conscious (for now). My plan is to stick with one kit for several weeks (months?) to get my technique down before branching out. Thanks to all who participate here and share in the camaraderie/brotherhood.

If 3 months is good for you then do it. But it's not a set standard, you can do less.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, congratulations on switching to traditional wet shaving and my warmest welcome to B&B. :001_smile

welcome and hello from knoxville! i have to echo the thing about sticking with a routine for a few months as its what i *didn't* do (i've been at it for about a year now) and helped me start a collection so quickly! :) while i do save a lot on blades, i tend to appreciate adjustable DE's more that can be compensated for by the blade/handle cost ratio but shaving is actually enjoyable and pain free now, that is worth a lot!

Welcome to the B & B forum! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

My EJ89 and the Arko came today! Wahoo! Almost tempted to try without the brush (L'Occitanes free shipping will be another week I bet) but I guess I should just be patient and do it the right way...

Top Bottom