What's new

Let's all "3017" a puck of Williams together . starts Nov.01

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Shave #1!
The lather smelled like Arko (which isn't a bad thing at all!), as I have "defunked" my Sue brush last night with it. Not that there was any funk in it at all; it's just something I do.
proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Back onto the Williams for November. I've got 4 shaves into it before joining this.
Mine is au naturel in the bottom of a Marvy mug.
Welcome aboard!

Formulae
Amped Willie ..... - Nivea Energy
Blue Willy ......... - Aqua Velva
Brutish Willy ...... - Brut
Club Willy ......... - Clubman
Heartbeat Willy . - Adidas Pulse
Old Willy .......... - Old Spice
Plain Willy ........ - Williams, just good ol' plain simple Williams
Skinny Willy ..... - Skin Bracer
Vegan Willy ...... - Lilac Vegetal!
Willy Noir ......... - Encre Noir

So far
blzrfn ............... - Willy Noir
Boro62 ............. - Amped Willy then Brutish Willy then Heartbeat Willy
cpacamper ........ - Plain Willy
honeybadger79 .. - Plain Willy
jzuzphreek ........ - Skinny Willy
Larsson_Power ... - Plain Willy
Nick_O ............. - Blue Willy
rockviper .......... - Blue Willy
rudyt ............... - Club Willy
SpikedLemon ..... - Plain Willy
stankboot ......... - Old Willy
TreyInCO .......... - Vegan Willy

I'm gonna switch from my grated puck to my my puck thats also in my Marvy mug because i dont have the other dialed in. I only used the mug a few times. Comprable

How should I expect this Willy concoction to behave? Should I treat it like a normal puck of Williams?

I guess I'll find out soon enough tomorrow...

So... I picked up a puck of williams at the store, I have it set into a shaving bowl, un-grated, and au naturel. *IF* I can get it to lather worth anything, and *IF* I can stand the smell, I'll see how long I can manage to use one soap before I give up and feel the need to change it up. lol I'm expecting this to be the fastest fail from this 3017 of the group. hehe

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
^^^^^^
Bwaahahahahhaaaaaaa :lol:
At least you're going to try. Leat the puck sit submerged overnight. It LOVES water!

Formulae
Amped Willie ..... - Nivea Energy
Blue Willy ......... - Aqua Velva
Brutish Willy ...... - Brut
Club Willy ......... - Clubman
Heartbeat Willy . - Adidas Pulse
Old Willy .......... - Old Spice
Plain Willy ........ - Williams, just good ol' plain simple Williams
Skinny Willy ..... - Skin Bracer
Vegan Willy ...... - Lilac Vegetal!
Willy Noir ......... - Encre Noir

So far
blzrfn ............... - Willy Noir
Boro62 ............. - Amped Willy then Brutish Willy then Heartbeat Willy
cpacamper ........ - Plain Willy
honeybadger79 .. - Plain Willy
jzuzphreek ........ - Skinny Willy
Larsson_Power ... - Plain Willy
Nick_O ............. - Blue Willy
rockviper .......... - Blue Willy
rudyt ............... - Club Willy
Shave_Rat ........ - Plain Willy
SpikedLemon ..... - Plain Willy
stankboot ......... - Old Willy
TreyInCO .......... - Vegan Willy

So... I picked up a puck of williams at the store, I have it set into a shaving bowl, un-grated, and au naturel. *IF* I can get it to lather worth anything, and *IF* I can stand the smell, I'll see how long I can manage to use one soap before I give up and feel the need to change it up. lol I'm expecting this to be the fastest fail from this 3017 of the group. hehe
Hahaha! Actually, I'm on the same level....

Ill take this challenge, going to have to go straight Willy, until my Blue Willy Cures out, If I shave enough off to get me through the couple days of my (special concoction) curing time, can I still join? I'll add that I scored a Very Vintage Unopened Old Spice Set, I've opened, to make this concoction of OW/OS (Smells Excellent)... If not, no pronlemo, I'll follow along and look for the next signup (darn newbs lol)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Except that would un-glue it from the bottom of the shave bowl it's in... lol
Soak it in the day, dump and press it down at night.
We know the fat needs hydration, but Williams says "King Kong ain't got nuthin' on me!"

Soak it in the day, dump and press it down at night.
We know the fat needs hydration, but Williams says "King Kong ain't got nuthin' on me!"

I've never had a single issue with lathering MWF. I let a puck sit on a shelf for like 8 months, it was starting to dry out so much it cracked partially in half. First time I hit it with a damp boar brush, lots of the usual great easy Fat lather.

As for Williams, just tried lathering #1 with it (notice, no mention of trying to shave, just lathering). I'm calling myself out and done. :lol:

Sometimes Williams needs a bit of work to make lather, if your not having luck try adding glycerin or coconut oil.

Well, the thing is, when it comes down to it, I have a massive amount of soaps and creams that don't take any work whatsoever to get great lather out of, without having to buy more things to add to them. On top of that, they don't smell like I'm smearing an insect repelling candle on my face, which is a bonus. At least the puck only cost $1.15... :)

Just had my first shave with my new Williams puck. I have had several pucks before but this time i soaked the puck in water for about 5 hours and then drained the water and let it dry over night.

I loaded the puck with my wet SOC for a good time, maybe 2 minutes.

The lather was as I expected. It worked 'good' but had this hard, slightly dry feel to it. I had a 3 pass DFS with my Gillette British Popular 47 and a Personna Lab Blue.

Don't give up. I can whip up a mountain of lather in a bowl without any additives in about 2 minutes, and I have moderately hard water. The trick is use more water. Use the Marco Method. When in doubt, just add more water. As you're whipping, you'll notice that at some point, the resistance will noticeably change, and so will the sound. Hard to explain until you feel it yourself. It'll go from mush to stiff in one or two twirls. I can easily fill a 5" diameter salsa bowl with lather.

Top Bottom