What's new

The _____ Willy, 3017 Williams Mug Soap Challenge V2.0

So I gave the soap a few days to soak up all the SB, and gave it a run this morning. I now understand what was meant by "hydrate it a bit". I got dish soap sized bubbles, so I think I will have to soak it before its next use in the morning. Should I just soak it in water? Also, would I be able to just put a bit of water in the top of the tin that I posted above, or do I need to add quite a bit of water to it? I liked the finished result, as it seemed slick and protecting, but just a better lather would make this one a keeper for me. Thanks!

I didn't partake in this year's 3017 Williams Mug Soap Challenge, but thought that I'd mention that I've been using Williams mixed with glycerin for decades (AKA Slick Willy ?), as my Dad taught me. However, in the last few years, I've been experimenting with mixing it with other substances.

Lately, I've been combining it with Pacific Shaving Co.'s All Natural Shaving Cream and Nivea Sensitive Skin After Shave Balm. I grind up a puck of Williams, add a bit of water to make a slurry, add about a third of a bottle of the Nivea, and an ounce of the Pacific shaving cream. The Pacific's glycerin content helps to make a cushiony lather while the grapefruit, orange, bergamot, and tangerine oils give it a nice citrusy scent. The Nivea helps with glide and keeps redness and irritation down.

Not sure what to call this concoction. Orange Willy? Citrus Willy?

Orange you glad you wet your Willy?

Top Bottom