What's new

Bamboo Hiking Socks

I have nice Merino wool socks I like because they are very cushiony and comfortable. Great for fall and winter, but they are a little warm for the summer.

Then I came across some Windriver bamboo hiking socks at Mark's Work Wearhouse. Give me that same feel of cushion in a much lighter sock.

Very pleased with their comfort. I am starting to like bamboo fibre for clothing.

How well do they wick sweat? I use cycling socks for a liner and then merino wool on top, year round.

Not sure yet, Dirk. Haven't done any heavy exercise in them yet. But I love the lightness along with the cushion effect. I have also see bamboo shirts but I don't own one yet.

I enjoy Great Canadian Socks Company's Hiker GX super wool socks. Inexpensive and last! Haven't tried Bamboo. I wonder how well they last. Smart wool I seem to break through in a few months.

I used my pair last year walking around New York City in December and they were awesome. I also have a bamboo polo shirt that I love wearing. Never stinks the way Under Armor stuff does.

Top Bottom