What's new

New Shavemac

Ok, this is my first quality brush, after one user, there are stray single strands pointing off in different directions . it's this normal? They're not falling off, just different that I expected

This is the brush top, and that's the set, pic doesn't duo it justice...this is normal right?

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413420402075.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413420402075.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 210
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413420461412.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413420461412.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 211
Do you the hairs come out? To me it just looks like a few loose hairs coming out of the knot after the first use (which would be normal). If you very gently pull on them and they don't come out, I'd say that's unusual and I would contact Shavemac with the photo you just posted here, and see what he has to say. If it is a defect, you will be fine as they will take care of you with no issues.

Note: Don't yank the hairs out. Just give them a gentle pull and see if they slide right out.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm dumb. They all slid out. About 6 of them. Ok I feel a lil better, but is that normal too?

Yep that's normal. You will always lose a few hairs when the brush is new. If it continues to lose 5+ hairs every shave for the next 10+ shaves then you may have a shedder. But I wouldn't worry too much. Just seems like a normal first use so far. Don't be surprised if you lose a few more over the next couple of shaves as well.

Beautiful brush by the way! Congrats!

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I doubt this is a shedding brush, as it already was said, sometimes a few loose hairs come out in the first couple of uses. In my experience, Shavemac brushes do not lose many hairs at all. I have some 8 brushes with knots from Shavemac, and in total they may have lost 15 hairs altogether. In all the years I have used Shavemac knot for my brushes, I had one coming back as a shedder, and the knot was replaced by them asap.

Keep an eye on it. I've had a Shavemac for years and lose 6-10 bristles every time I use it. It has a terrific feel and lathers great, but I hardly ever use it anymore. I contacted Bernd by e-mail and he was terrific, and said that after a good cleaning, if it still shed, to send it back to him.

Top Bottom