What's new

Give me your shaving stats!

Hi all,

I'm a data analyst by trade, and being into wet shaving now I have a poll for you from which I'm hoping to gain some data analysis insights! Without further ado, here it is:

1) On a scale of 1-10, please rate the density of your beard (1 being very sparse, 10 being very dense)
2) On a scale of 1-10, please rate the coarseness of your beard (1 being very soft and yielding, 10 being tough as nails)
3) Please tell me the average number of days in between your shaves (beard only, no head shaving)
4) Please estimate the average length of your shaves in minutes (beard only, no head shaving)
5) Let me know if you're using a DE razor, SE razor, or Straight razor.

I'll post the data insights, including fun statistical graphics, after I get enough data from you guys :)

Thank you! :w00t:

Last edited:
Density: 8
Coarseness: 10
Day between shaving: 3 or 4.
Lenght of shaving: In the beginning it was like 30 mins. Now its 10 mins. I can do it even faster but I'd like it to take my time.
Type of razor: DE

1, 2: I have no idea. I don't fondle my friends' beards to test for density and coarseness. I might start, but a data analyst would question my friends being a typical sample of the population at large.

3: Three days. Sometimes two, sometimes four.

4: I can only tell you the time from beginning prep to final cleanup, since I've never timed each individual part of the routine. 45 minutes.

5: DE razor. Bowl lather cream plus face lather soap every time.

$constants.jpg

Density: 4
Coarseness: 5
Day between shaving: 1. I enjoy the daily shave although I could get by with every other day.
Length of shaving: 10-15 minutes
Type of razor: Straight razor

Mike

Density: 5
Coarseness: 6
Day between shaving: 3
Length of shaving: 10-15 minutes
Type of razor: DE razor

Density: 7
Coarseness: 8
Day between shaving: 1
Length of shaving: 13 minutes
Type of razor: DE (most of time, but also shave with SE's and Straights).

1. Density-5
2. Coursness-5
3. Days between-0
4. Length of shave-15 min.
5. Razor-DE

Are you telling me that you shave two times a day? :p If you shave every morning/evening then there's roughly a 24 hour period separating your shaves, right?

Hi all,

I'm a data analyst by trade, and being into wet shaving now I have a poll for you from which I'm hoping to gain some data analysis insights! Without further ado, here it is:

1) On a scale of 1-10, please rate the density of your beard (1 being very sparse, 10 being very dense)
2) On a scale of 1-10, please rate the coarseness of your beard (1 being very soft and yielding, 10 being tough as nails)
3) Please tell me the average number of days in between your shaves (beard only, no head shaving)
4) Please estimate the average length of your shaves in minutes (beard only, no head shaving)

I'll post the data insights, including fun statistical graphics, after I get enough data from you guys :)

Ok this is all subjective but here it goes!

1) 7 in density
2) 6 in courseness
3) 24-36 hours in between shaves, but I usually shave 5 days a week if that makes sense?
4) right now my shaves from start to finish are about 20 min. including clean up
5) DE razor
6) I LOVE the wet shaving/DE thing!

Hi all,

1: 4 moderate
2: 6 moderately coarse
3: I shave daily so either 1 or 0, depending on how you wish to display it.
4: approximately 25 minutes
5: DE

I'm interested so see your results.

Top Bottom