What's new

Anybody recommend a bath soap with exfoliation 'bits'

Hello all,

I used the Triumph and Disaster bath soap which had poppy seeds in it for exfoliation purposes. I found the soap excellent, as I had only used shower gels prior to this, now I would like to stick to soaps but at £10 a bar its pretty pricey.
I've looked for a similar style soap with the bits but I cant find anything around, there must be something, so can anybody recommend a soap in this style?
cheers

Hello all,

I used the Triumph and Disaster bath soap which had poppy seeds in it for exfoliation purposes. I found the soap excellent, as I had only used shower gels prior to this, now I would like to stick to soaps but at £10 a bar its pretty pricey.
I've looked for a similar style soap with the bits but I cant find anything around, there must be something, so can anybody recommend a soap in this style?
cheers

Exfoliating bars with bits aren't easy to come by, I would suggest a bodywash

Some artisan soap makers around have bars of soap that have oatmeal bits or poppy seeds. Here in the states a bar of those exfoliates could run you $4.50-$10.00.

In a nod to enviromentalism, stay with soaps that have natural exfoliants like crushed shells. Many (cheap) product containing microbeads are full of tiny, non-biodegradable plastic spheres that biologists are now finding in significant amounts in the aquatic food chain

Bath soaps with exfoliating ingredients including pumice, loofa gourd, oatmeal and poppy seeds are fairly common among handcrafted soap makers, but shipping to the UK may be prohibitively expensive. Plastic microbeads...another *great* idea by someone...file under the heading of "what could possibly go wrong?"

Every now and then I take a trip down to our local weekend Farmer's Market and pick up some local artisanal oatmeal soaps. They seem to do the trick!

As an aside, liquid exfoliating body scrubs are an easier to find product, I don't like them, but you might.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
In a nod to enviromentalism, stay with soaps that have natural exfoliants like crushed shells. Many (cheap) product containing microbeads are full of tiny, non-biodegradable plastic spheres that biologists are now finding in significant amounts in the aquatic food chain

+ this, there's enough plastic in our environment already

Try a scotch brite sponge. The no scratch Teflon or delicate duty one will hold plenty of your favorite soap and give you a good scrub up without the need for beads or other expensive things that might cost you extra. They are cheap and plentiful.

Cheers for all of the suggestons people and some great info. I was looking at more natural expoliation products rather than the plastics.
After a few people suggested an artisan soap I did a bit of searching and found a company called Nanny Silly Soap. It was pretty cheap compared to some that I have found at £10 a bar. I picked up two bars to try, both around £3 for 100grams.
I will let you know how the stuff is.

I'm afraid I did only buy the body soap! Ludacris I know but I'm trying hard to be good with my wallet. My AD must be reducing, nope that's not true I just have BAD at the moment :001_rolle
Bearing in mind that I have only used the body soap once, it seems pretty good. A nice amount of scrub and they both smell amazing. I will try and get a review up about them.

Top Bottom