What's new

1st brush restore help

Actually, I'm about to reknot 3 brushes, but have never done it before. I was trying to see if I had any epoxy here that might work, and came across an unopened tube of DAP Silicone Aquarium Sealant. I was thinking that since this stuff is obviously waterproof, could it possibly be used for setting knots... anyone have experience with trying this or know anyone who has? Any suggestions will help. thanks!

A few here have posted using silicon as a permanent adhesive, but mostly it is used as a temporary adhesive so you can play around with the loft (how much of the brush sticks out above the handle).

Personally, I use epoxy.

I don't know about silicone to set knots. It is somewhat flexible so it may not be good long-term. I use gorilla glue 5 minute epoxy and it works great.

Silicone is great for playing with loft, as others have said. In my experience, while a good solid tug will indeed unseat the knot, it actually stays but really well through normal use. Even mashing into hard soaps and the like, I have found that my silicone knots don't come out unless I want them to.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I usually use epoxy, but I have used silicone before and it will work fine. Don't use too much!

Top Bottom