What's new

Going to Amsterdam for the weekend

So I'm going to Amsterdam for a long weekend, are there any wet shaving related shops, products (hardware/software) that anyone could recommend? The Dutch are not always featured in the forums, but I'm sure there is something good to found.

As always, your comments are greatly appreciated :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Dutch products include De Vergulde Hand (made by the oldest existing soap factory in the world) they have soap, cream ASB, alum, brush, styptic etc and FreshUp aftershave splash. Both can be found in any drugstore.

Palmolive shaving cream and Nivea shaving cream are also widely available.

For more choice visit Davidoff of Geneva in the van Baerlestraat or SYU in the Vijzelstraat.

well....

proxy.php

Send a PM to Eeyore. He'll know for sure and can likely pass on some good resturaunt tips to boot.

Have a great time in a GREAT city!

Brilliant!!!
Thanks to all for the tips and good wishes. I shall report back if I found anything interesting.
I have family there, so for the most part they will take care about the entertainment, but if for whatever reason we stall on what to do, I can always suggest from the tips above, except for the Red Light District, SWMBO won't agree.

One of the best things in Amsterdam is the train to Rotterdam.
Where you definitely should visit Hotel New York Barber and Schorem Haarsnijder en Barbier. Those two oldskool barbers are one of the most famous worldwide at the moment.
And we have a small parfumerie called Renata where the owner has a small shaving den with some regular stuff.

And btw, Rotterdam is just better than Amsterdam haha!!

And btw, Rotterdam is just better than Amsterdam haha!!

but then again only people from Rotterdam say things like that. lol.

there are not much shave related shops in Amsterdam. I will send you some later/tomorrow.
There is a great exhibition of Marlene Dumas in the Stedelijk Museum, really a must see. Then the Rijksmuseum etc etc.

Maxim

but then again only people from Rotterdam say things like that. lol.

there are not much shave related shops in Amsterdam. I will send you some later/tomorrow.
There is a great exhibition of Marlene Dumas in the Stedelijk Museum, really a must see. Then the Rijksmuseum etc etc.

Maxim

Haha, hey Moxie you on here as well, nice!!
I wasn't really serious of course. Hence the laughter!

But to be serious Amsterdam has allot more museums and old dutch architecture and such. AND allot of tourists.

Rotterdam is just very different than Amsterdam but also plenty things to go sightseeing and less touristy.

Btw, in the town called Naarden (close to Amsterdam) there is a shop called manandshaving.nl its a really nice but small shop in a industrial area.
Their prices are a bit higher than other online vendors but they really help you well at the shop and you can have a cup of coffee and have a feel and whiffs of all the products they have there!!

Dudes, I got this info a bit late, but I'll be sure to hit those places next time I'm in Ams. Since I have family there and it's only a two and a half hour drive from Lev, I will surely make it back soon.

I ended up in De Haag for a day trip, nice town really enjoyed it :)

As for supplies, I just got a couple of De Vergulde Hand soaps (both stick and puck) and an Alu bar, all three for 5€.

Dudes, I got this info a bit late, but I'll be sure to hit those places next time I'm in Ams. Since I have family there and it's only a two and a half hour drive from Lev, I will surely make it back soon.

I ended up in De Haag for a day trip, nice town really enjoyed it :)

As for supplies, I just got a couple of De Vergulde Hand soaps (both stick and puck) and an Alu bar, all three for 5€.

ah, sorry. good to hear you enjoyed Den Haag!!! don't hesitate to pm me next time you are in Amsterdam!!
Best, Maxim

Top Bottom