What's new

Damn you Tabac!

Dammit.
Tabac.
Could be my all-time favorite scent. Seriously...what a shaving soap should smell like.
The lather...unarguably one of the best.
Price, availability...hits on both.
Performance...Cella beats it hands down every time.
*Sigh*

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Try using more product and see if it helps.

Tabac produces very thick, luxurious lather very easily. If you stop there, you'll think it an easy to lather, average to slightly above average performing soap. Keep adding water, and you'll find the slickness you're looking for. It will never really be the equal of Cella in terms of slickness (not really sure anything is), but when you get the slickness just right, Tabac can be a pretty decadent shaving experience.

Haven't used mine in a while, actually. Good thing TabACtober starts tomorrow. I'll be spending a month getting reacquainted!

$FnuqJwZ.jpg

Well my Tabac is going to have company sitting next to it on the shelf. I just ordered some Cella. I hope to live to at least 98 so I can use all this soap up.

shaved with Tabac yesterday.
It performed flawlessly.
Loaded brush with lots of soap.
Then added more water, face lathered, added even more water.
No complaints.
Slick enough for easy ATG pass with straight razor.
The scent lingered...for over a day!
And the shave den still smells a little of Tabac!

proxy.php

I feel like the outsider, but I'm not a fan of either scent! I guess that's what make this soap game so dangerous, you never know until you try...

Try using more product and see if it helps.

I thought I had overloaded with Irisch Moos (virtually the same as Tabac, right?) but no, it was still slick as snot and fantastically protective. The only downside was that I wasted a lot of product.

Top Bottom