What's new

Ghetto Brush Stand

I started shaving with a straight razor a few months ago. I had just finished buying all my necessary supplies (brush, razor, 110 blades, etc.) and didn't want to spend another $40+ on a stand for my new brush, so I just made my own with things that I had around the house. I normally only buy glass Coke bottles imported from Mexico, so I used one of those and a Gear Tie reusable rubber twist tie that I bought at the Home Depot, which I used to make the holder to secure the brush. The supplies pictured (brush, wire) cost me no more than $3 total, so I saved quite a bit in making this stand. It is even more secure than most normal brush stands, and this I found out by accident when I dropped the bottle on the floor and the brush was still held tightly secure since the wire wraps all the way around the handle of the brush and then around itself. Btw, I use a DOVO Shavette and the brush is a Vulfix 2273, tiny but awesome.

Thoughts? :001_huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those 2273's coming now! Cant wait! Love little brushes :D How do you find the knot and hair..?? Whip up and hold a good lather..??

Use a jug of moonshine instead of the Coke bottle and you have a redneck brush stand. Plus, you can occasionally take a hit out of the jug to make the shave even more enjoyable (and perhaps a bit more adventurous) :001_smile.

I have one of those 2273's coming now! Cant wait! Love little brushes :D How do you find the knot and hair..?? Whip up and hold a good lather..??

The hair is so fine that I can't believe the brush didn't cost more. After I received it in the mail, I was initially dismayed that the brush was so small and I thought it wouldn't do a good job because of that. After using, I couldn't have been farther from the truth. Despite the slightly smaller size, it lathers noticeably more quickly than my previous brush, a Caswell-Massey travel brush that I lost a few years ago. The hair is softer and smoother to the touch as well, and I notice that it lifts the hairs quite nicely because it's noticeably easier to shave now. The smaller size also provides greater control, so I don't intend to buy another brush for many years...

The hair is so fine that I can't believe the brush didn't cost more. After I received it in the mail, I was initially dismayed that the brush was so small and I thought it wouldn't do a good job because of that. After using, I couldn't have been farther from the truth. Despite the slightly smaller size, it lathers noticeably more quickly than my previous brush, a Caswell-Massey travel brush that I lost a few years ago. The hair is softer and smoother to the touch as well, and I notice that it lifts the hairs quite nicely because it's noticeably easier to shave now. The smaller size also provides greater control, so I don't intend to buy another brush for many years...

Thank you! I actually prefer smaller brushes due to face lathering. So this was an instant buy once i found out about it yesterday. Scored it for a darn good price aswell. If you get a chance, look at the Omega 11047. Its a mixed badger/boar brush for $20 and such a steal!

Hopefully the 2273 has enough backbone for face lathering, im sure it will do fine with the small loft and best badger hair! Fingers crossed. This is the most i have spent on a brush so far.

Top Bottom