What's new

Just tried Tabac for the first time.

After reading loads of reviews I gathered that it would come down to a question of scent rather than performance. Sure enough it lathered easily and gave a nice slick shave and the post was moisturized & smooth. The scent however was very strong. A good scent, just really strong. Given the near 50/50 split on scent strength, why doesn't Tabac just cut back a little on the concentration? I think it would appeal to a wider audience. Anyway, I like the stuff and will use it till it's gone.

:shuriken:

Because they're a fragrance house that makes a shaving soap.

Not a shaving soap company that makes a fragrance :)

Give the puck a couple of weeks and the scent will become a lot less enthusiastic. A new on can be quite overpowering!

When i first tried tabac I couldn't stand the smell. I wished to finish my puck as soon as possible. Then a couple years went by, and I revisited it. I now find myself opening the lid just to take a whiff of its heavily fragrance. It grew on me, in a very surprising way. Don't be surprised if it happens to you too! :wink2:

Not my favorite scent, but not the worst, either. I would use it nonetheless because it is, simply, one of the best performing soaps out there. And the scent does abate somewhat.

Used it this morning!

I'd echo the thoughts expressed by the previous posters - Tabac delivers a top-flight shave for me all the time. The scent has grown on me, although I must admit I liked it from the get-go! Great for autumn and winter!

I don't like the scent of the cologne so I have never tried this soap :( I suppose leaving it out in the air might take the scent down a level or two.

I don't like the scent of the cologne so I have never tried this soap :( I suppose leaving it out in the air might take the scent down a level or two.

The cologne is close to the soap in scent but the eau de toilette is an entirely different story. The EdT is so different, it shouldn't even be called Tabac! So hopefully you tried the right one, otherwise you might have to order a puck!

Tabac is awesome. I feel like people either like Arko or Tabac but not both for some reason. Tabac performs amazing and I compare all other soaps to it.

I really like how Tabac performs, but the scent was just a bit much for me. Wish they would make an unscented version, too.

Top Bottom