What's new

SWISSCO Tortoise toothbrush?

Yes I have and they are quite dreadful, I ordered two and they fell apart on me while using them. There is a badger brush available from Swissco that is much better. If you would like a boar brush check out Smallflower.com they have a good selection of traditional brushes on line. For handmade bone handled boar brushes from Trumpers ect, try Cambridge chemists.

If you do a search on this topic, I think there was a good thread about it.

It's probably foolish of me, but I just can't see sticking anything in my mouth that once grew out of a badger. :scared:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's probably foolish of me, but I just can't see sticking anything in my mouth that once grew out of a badger. :scared:

Oh the witty retorts that I could make!

Back on topic, I've used both the badger and boar. The first one I used (badger) shed quite a bit the first few uses, and I thought I had a Simpson's brush instead ... but it soon settled down and was fine. Later I used a boar brush, and it lost basically no bristles.

I like the extra-soft, so I'll stick with badger from now on.

I don't know if I could give up a nice, sterile nylon toothbrush for a natural one. Although they do look really nice. That said, has anyone else had difficulty finding plain old toothbrushes? You know, without rubber grips, dimples, timers, curved heads and six different brush angles?
Lately they've been fewer and fewer at the local shopping abomination.
I'm afraid the plain old black plastic toothbrush may go the way of the DE blade.

Yes I have and they are quite dreadful, I ordered two and they fell apart on me while using them. There is a badger brush available from Swissco that is much better. If you would like a boar brush check out Smallflower.com they have a good selection of traditional brushes on line. For handmade bone handled boar brushes from Trumpers ect, try Cambridge chemists.

If you do a search on this topic, I think there was a good thread about it.

Also found them quite dreadful. OK, if you don't mind eating bristles. Ordered two and now use them for cleaning DE razors.

Top Bottom