What's new

Good lord, you people were right.

Not a hobby for everyone. I have no choice but to shave everyday for work but that doesn't mean I don't have to enjoy it though.
DE's are exactly what I like, cheap & cheerful.

15 cents a blade (on average).
€5 or less for enough soap for maybe 2 or 3 months of daily shaves.
€5 or less for cheap but effective Nivia aftershave balm to do me about a month. (I could probably do better somewhere else too)
I was PIFed my Fatip very generously but even a cheap razor still can cut hair and last longer than a silly proprietary cartridge razor.

I'm still kind of a newb so I really only get 2 shaves per voskhod blade. Some people on here are known to get 30ish shave out of a single feather and I can't even understand that.

... I'm still kind of a newb so I really only get 2 shaves per voskhod blade. Some people on here are known to get 30ish shave out of a single feather and I can't even understand that.

It's not magic, believe me. It's "only" prep, technique and taking care of your skin between shaves! :001_cool:

It's not magic, believe me. It's "only" prep, technique and taking care of your skin between shaves! :001_cool:

It's sounds like a ton of work to change 3 shaves to 30 shaves to get that kind of result. The technique part I can understand, that will probably take me a couple of years to become a grandmaster at it and that's fine but I'm not the type to spend an excess amount of money on special pre and post shave oils and other skincare products.

My pre shave is simply 1 hot face wash, 1 hot towel, 1 soaked brush.

:laugh:
but sometimes you will just have to be content being a grasshopper...

Master Po, I am troubled....

Again, Grasshopper? What disturbs you now?

I...I have three aftershaves after only a week and a half.....

Grasshopper, you will have many more before you know the ways of the Shoalin Shaver. Do not be troubled because you have the den of the ant, but the ambition of the lion.

But, Master Po, is not three too many?

Grasshopper! You have only been within the temple a short while! Have you not seen the dens of the Monks who have studied here for many long years? When the mighty eagle first flies, the journey from the nest to the nearby branch seems like a long voyage.

Yet, master, I fear what I have heard whispers about, the Acquisition Disorder. Will I be a victim?

Grasshopper, you must find peace within, but that may mean testing the boundaries of the many things that are without. Many initiates seek to find the secrets of the Shoalin Shaver through things, but oneness with razor is not a trinket carried by merchants. Seek the strength of technique, the power of preparation, and wisdom of the of the monks who have built this temple. As the kitten opens it's eyes, so too it will be with you.

You are wise, Master Po, but I have one question that was not answered by your strange metaphors...

What now, restless grasshopper?

You have been here many years. Why do you have packages sent to me, and I bring them to you in secrecy?

It is the way, grasshopper. As the snake who seeks the eagle's nest said, what Mrs. Po don't know won't hurt her.

What do you mean "'you people"...

I knew I hit bottom when I lost the BST on my phone and spent the next two days hitting refresh on the tiny web browser on my phone every three minutes. The loss of BST on tapatalk has severely reigned in my ADs though.

You guys and your random android apps (or whatever OS you have). Getting advertisements shoved in your face every 5 minutes.

I've had an android phone for almost a year and I've hated every second of it, I'm looking forward to going back to the days when if your phone which was perfectly fine couldn't hold a charge you just bought a new battery for €15 and your phone was as good as new. I used the same phone for 4 maybe 5 years straight until my last year with this dreadful item.

Now if there was an app that could shave my face without razor burn it would be a different story.

It's sounds like a ton of work to change 3 shaves to 30 shaves to get that kind of result. The technique part I can understand, that will probably take me a couple of years to become a grandmaster at it and that's fine but I'm not the type to spend an excess amount of money on special pre and post shave oils and other skincare products.

My pre shave is simply 1 hot face wash, 1 hot towel, 1 soaked brush.
Neither am I - my prep is a simple shower and a face wash with a generic soap for face washing, standard product from a local pharmacy. I don't use pre shave products at all. My AS balms are Castle Forbes and DR Harris - not cheap admittedly but they work very well with my skin. I also use the VEG and some cheap local splashes during summer. I do coldwater shaves so no hot towels for me. I use a generic moisturizer from the local pharmacy during cold/dry season. I soak my brush during the shower.

The bottom line is that my prep is not in any way exclusive or expensive. It is however very well suited to my skin.

Top Bottom